Is your Macan worth £3000?

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Motorists to earn £3,000 if they leave their car on the driveway

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2d343 ... 8a50a13bbb
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

If they would concentrate on getting cheap reliable public transport they wouldn't have to "bribe" anyone.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:19 am If they would concentrate on getting cheap reliable public transport they wouldn't have to "bribe" anyone.
Our council are typical. They’re spending £1.4m to ban cars from the town centre but won’t do an EV/hybrid deal with the local taxis drivers. Even worst they set the minimum taxi standard as Euro 5!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:19 am If they would concentrate on getting cheap reliable public transport they wouldn't have to "bribe" anyone.
Totally true.

Where I live we had no bus service locally, to get to the nearest bus stop required a 1 mile walk which for me is not easy as I am waiting to go in for a hip replacement operation.

That said the bus service that is does not go past any Supermarket.

There is no easy route to get to the local Hospital so we have to go into the City Centre and change to a service direct to the Hospital

The Bus Service provider have succumbed to pressure by the Council and residents and we now have one bus an hour up to 7 pm and the route is long and winding to get into the City. Currently the Bus Company is experiencing major problems in that ticket machines on the buses on our route have mysteriously started to develop faults. Yeah right, just another way of showing no passengers so they can drop the bus.

I do not live in the sticks but in a northern City.

Daughter lives in a small town in the Pennines and it costs £60 a month for our Grandaughter to get the bus to her school which is 12 miles away.

It is time we got in a Government that actually looks after the citizens of the UK.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am
It is time we got in a Government that actually looks after the citizens of the UK.
Good luck with that given that we seem to have a house of fools!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Mine stays in the garage most of the time anyway, and I walk to work.
Where's my £3k?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am
Where I live we had no bus service locally, to get to the nearest bus stop required a 1 mile walk which for me is not easy as I am waiting to go in for a hip replacement operation
There is a way round this. My Mom took a fall in the kitchen on Thursday morning and her hip was replaced yesterday afternoon. Bit drastic, but a couple of swift double Obans, a triple salco in the bathroom and you'd barely notice the inconvenience? ;)
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

And when they have enough people onto the scheme, the Unions will have the power to hold the country to ransome, with industrial disputes.
And then no one will be working.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

When I was working in Copenhagen a few years ago nearly every road had cycle lanes, the bus service was fairly comprehensive and the trains which I used for my commute were clean, not too expensive and reliable. The downside was the tax on cars. My mate had a basic Suzuki Swift and if I remember correctly it cost the equivalent of £28K which was getting on for 3 times the price there were over here. I just bought my first Macan in the UK a few months before I left and again from memory the price for a similar spec car over there was well over £150K.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25