Heathrow pollution charge

The place to discuss everything else..
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Well, the knives continue to be sharpened!

I read that by the time the 3rd Heathrow runway is opened >2026 they will be levying a £15 pollution charge on passengers travelling to the airport by car whilst at the same time apparently improving the public transport infrastructure - eg a link from Reading. Lots of unknowns at present eg pick-up & drop off, early and late flights etc., but....!!!

So, if we imagine that by that time - whenever it comes to pass because I’m sure the runway won’t be finished on schedule - we may well all be driving EVs, what happens to your battery if you go on holiday or a prolonged business trip and leave the beast for 2-3-4 weeks. How much charge would be left? In winter?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

What about the off sire parking?

We usually drive down and get a parking deal with a local hotel; it's rare to find flights fitting in with public transport.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Details are obviously vague at present but the scheme has come about because of agreements reached whereby planning permission was granted in exchange for environmental commitments. These included a beefing up of the public transport options. What I read didn’t detail the radius of coverage but clearly one might imagine that it must involve more than simply shifting the issue offsite.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So is this the airline industry that does sweet FA to mitigate the atmospheric pollutants that they release or is it some more governmental money grabbing scheme.

I too tend to use Hotel car parking if I have to travel south, to go from Manchester I have often used local limo service, an E class to and from Manchester was more or less the same as a two week car park stay and we were home before we would have been shuttled to the long stay.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 pm So is this the airline industry that does sweet FA to mitigate the atmospheric pollutants that they release or is it some more governmental money grabbing scheme.

I too tend to use Hotel car parking if I have to travel south, to go from Manchester I have often used local limo service, an E class to and from Manchester was more or less the same as a two week car park stay and we were home before we would have been shuttled to the long stay.
I imagine they’ll be doing even more business.