Porsche Vodafone tracker questions

The place to discuss everything else..
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Hi all.

I picked up a used panamera turbo s e-hybrid yesterday.
Firstly.. wow. What a car.. loving it..

Got some questions re Porsche connect and the Vodafone tracker system. Any help, as always, most grateful.

1. Porsche connect.
I've used Porsche connect on my macan with no issues, honestly, I never found it useful but the panamera seems to have more choice. I've registered the panamera onto my account today and I could see lots of different things. I've come to log back into the app but I'm getting a message now saying there are no connect enabled cars on this account.. weird because about 1 hour ago I had two..

2. Tracker question.
Vodafone have said they can move 6 months tracker service over to the panamera. I asked the dealer to arrange this but it wasn't done. I've got a code for the garage to register but they are now telling me that I have to return the car for them to do the activation process..a bit if a faff as they are nearly 70 miles away from my home..
A. Is it true the car needs to be present for activation?
B. If so, can any Porsche dealer do this?
C. Should I forget the Porsche tracker and look for a better alternative? If so, recommendations please.

Thanks
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Can I take the liberty of adding a
D. If we haven't paid a Vodaphone sub how does the tracker work?
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You register prior to picking up the car.

Vodaphoney gives you a code.

OPC uses code to set up the basic system which is foc for a period.

Two more stages are available (Safety and Remote) via subscription if so required and these can be initiated at any time.

The basic system allows you to see where the car is if you can get connected to it, the link shows what it is supposed to do.

https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/ ... welcome.do
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Well i found out why it isn't working the supplying dealer hasn't activated the PCC from the code I gave to them.
Not great considering the cost of the car. So now I have to visit my local dealer who want to charge me 87 pounds to activate the PCC. I've asked the supplying dealer to pick up the cost..just aggravation for something that really should have been done automatically
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

uktivo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:58 pm Well i found out why it isn't working the supplying dealer hasn't activated the PCC from the code I gave to them.
Not great considering the cost of the car. So now I have to visit my local dealer who want to charge me 87 pounds to activate the PCC. I've asked the supplying dealer to pick up the cost..just aggravation for something that really should have been done automatically
Why did you not check that it was functioning when you picked it up?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

It never crossed my mind. I assumed as I had given the code the job had been done..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Also col. I forgot to add.

The car when I picked it up and still today has Google maps, live traffic, petrol, e charge apps etc. So I naturally thought it was linked.

It's only when I try to log into my Porsche ppc account it says the car needs to be activated and Vodafone have checked against the vin number and say there is no connection..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

uktivo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 am Also col. I forgot to add.

The car when I picked it up and still today has Google maps, live traffic, petrol, e charge apps etc. So I naturally thought it was linked.

It's only when I try to log into my Porsche ppc account it says the car needs to be activated and Vodafone have checked against the vin number and say there is no connection..
A Macan has two inbuilt SIM cards, one is the Vodafone Telecamatics System the other is the online services (updates, Google maps, POIs etc)

Vodafone basic is free for a short period.

Online services is free for a period then it also becomes by Subscription

Another Data SIM of your own is needed for in car WiFi, streaming services etc
Col
Macan Turbo