Nick Murray Macan S

The place to discuss everything else..
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Nick Murray has bought himself a Mk2 Macan S and is promising future road test videos and a side-by-side comparison with a Mk1 Macan S to highlight the changes:

Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

OK 250+ views and no comments so I will ask the question.

So who is Nick Murray and why should we be interested in his videos?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
johnd

Post by johnd »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 am So who is Nick Murray and why should we be interested in his videos?
Fairly prolific YouTuber with a particular interest in Porsche (and helicopters!). His original Macan review was pretty enthusiastic:

Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Panthera wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:19 pm Nick Murray has bought himself a Mk2 Macan S and is promising future road test videos and a side-by-side comparison with a Mk1 Macan S to highlight the changes:

Yes, I saw this video for the Mk2 version. His spec, for me anyway, seem to be purely cosmetic. That would not, in a month of Sundays, be my ideal spec for a Macan...regardless of the discount!
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 am OK 250+ views and no comments so I will ask the question.

So who is Nick Murray and why should we be interested in his videos?
He's been mentioned on here a few times so I thought I'd share and people can make their own mind up as to whether he's of interest or not.
He's a big fan of the Macan (& Porsche in general) and does some in depth videos on Confuserator options - which a lot of people seem to need advice on
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Paul

Post by Paul »

Did he also do a back to back LED / Xenon comparaison on his 911....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Thanks for that guys.

I do not bother to much with reviews after all how can some of them be even remotely realistic if a Macan is not top of the list.

The only cars that come close to a Macan in terms of performance is the Alfa and Merc but who in their right mind would buy either, yes the Merc may have a great V8 but still it is dire to look at and the Alfa is drop dead gorgeous but it is an Alfa.

Far better to get out there and test drive and make up your own mind.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:22 pm Thanks for that guys.

I do not bother to much with reviews after all how can some of them be even remotely realistic if a Macan is not top of the list.

The only cars that come close to a Macan in terms of performance is the Alfa and Merc but who in their right mind would buy either, yes the Merc may have a great V8 but still it is dire to look at and the Alfa is drop dead gorgeous but it is an Alfa.

Far better to get out there and test drive and make up your own mind.
Absolutely agree that test driving is the only way to really appreciate if a car may be right for you. Looking at photos and YouTube videos, I admit to being distinctly underwhelmed by the Macan interior but once I saw it in reality I though it was fabulous (and still do). And of course I had no idea how it drove until I took one out for an extended test drive. Then I was hooked! :D
Macan SD
Col M

Post by Col M »

Looking forward to his review of the options. The 911 was fun (if long)
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
happy days

Post by happy days »

He has had some seriously bad luck with both of his 911s recently.
Macan S D
718 S