Four days in........

The place to discuss everything else..
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

uktivo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:35 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 pm I think the tipping point there was they struck you towards the rear. Whilst they should have entered on the right hand lane it is arguable that you should not have. A situation best avoided.
Sorry, I disagree. Two lanes enter the roundabout and two lanes exit the roundabout at the 12 o'clock. Why shouldn't I be in the right hand lane?
The roundabout has three exits. 9 o'clock, excited using the left hand lane approach. 12 o'clock, excited using either approaching lane and 3 o'clock, excited using the right hand approaching lane..
You shouldn't exit the 3 o'clock exit using the left lane..

The tipping point was I had an independent witness who was in a car behind me who had to take avoiding action because the car that hit me tried to carry on to his 3 o'clock exit.. and in the process, nearly ran into his car also.
I think they were more wrong than you but you put yourself in harms way.

C01D610B-D288-47AA-BB63-8FFF16033032.png

Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Sorry, I disagree. Two lanes enter the roundabout and two lanes exit the roundabout at the 12 o'clock. Why shouldn't I be in the right hand lane?
The roundabout has three exits. 9 o'clock, excited using the left hand lane approach. 12 o'clock, excited using either approaching lane and 3 o'clock, excited using the right hand approaching lane..

The tipping point was I had an independent witness who was in a car behind me who had to take avoiding action because the car that hit me tried to carry on to his 3 o'clock exit.. and in the process, nearly ran into his car also.
I agree with you, I have seen this happen so many times that I almost assume the person to my left is going to do it, so I either position myself so far in front they can't fail to notice me signalling to come off or I hold back, depends on where we started from. My friend had this happen to her but in her case it was an HGV and totally wrote off her car, she was found to be in the right and was compensated accordingly.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

MrsMacan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:21 pm

I agree with you, I have seen this happen so many times that I almost assume the person to my left is going to do it, so I either position myself so far in front they can't fail to notice me signalling to come off or I hold back, depends on where we started from. My friend had this happen to her but in her case it was an HGV and totally wrote off her car, she was found to be in the right and was compensated accordingly.
Exactly what I did and exactly why he crashed into my rear quarter.
There are so many bad drivers out there these days..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I had a VERY near miss 10 days in. A stolen car chased by a police car overtaking cars at the red lights was coming straight at me and at the last second he swung the wheel left ploughing into the concrete bollards and iron railings. All captured on my car cam. I was incredibly lucky to get away 'scot free.' Apart from all the obvious pain and inconvenience, no matter how much you are not to blame the line of the insurance application each years ask "have you made a claim in the past 5 years"
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:15 pm I had a VERY near miss 10 days in. A stolen car chased by a police car overtaking cars at the red lights was coming straight at me and at the last second he swung the wheel left ploughing into the concrete bollards and iron railings. All captured on my car cam. I was incredibly lucky to get away 'scot free.' Apart from all the obvious pain and inconvenience, no matter how much you are not to blame the line of the insurance application each years ask "have you made a claim in the past 5 years"
As the guy has admitted the liability I've not put this through my insurance I've contracted a 3rd party business to claim directly from his insurance, in essence, I've not made a claim through my insurance, the 3rd party business is taking directly to the guys insurance. .
Apparently, insurance works on claims not blames, so you could have increased premiums even thou the fault wasn't yours and no money was claimed through your insurance..

Strange industry.....
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

So annoying and sad ...
I had the same experience with my new Range R 4 years ago on the first day I was driving happily in my new car. I was hit by a man in a white van.
I ca assure you your lovely car will look as it was before youhad the accidentand all will be forgotten.
Accident and none of your doing or fault.
Sorry again
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Just macan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:28 pm So annoying and sad ...
I had the same experience with my new Range R 4 years ago on the first day I was driving happily in my new car. I was hit by a man in a white van.
I ca assure you your lovely car will look as it was before youhad the accidentand all will be forgotten.
Accident and none of your doing or fault.
Sorry again
Thanks.. honestly.. I'm not too bothered.. it's a car.. no one was hurt.. too many things in life to worry about.. this isn't one of them...
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

uktivo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 pm
As the guy has admitted the liability I've not put this through my insurance I've contracted a 3rd party business to claim directly from his insurance, in essence, I've not made a claim through my insurance, the 3rd party business is taking directly to the guys insurance. .
Apparently, insurance works on claims not blames, so you could have increased premiums even thou the fault wasn't yours and no money was claimed through your insurance..

Strange industry.....
I’m not in the motor insurance industry, but is that legal? Won’t the other party’s insurer ask for your insurer’s details? Doesn’t your insurance require you to report any collisions (regardless of blame) to them? Just wondering...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I have always been told by insurers I must not admit liability. (Not motor claims I hasten to add). I don’t know if the drivers admission binds insurers.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The question on an insurance proposal is have you had any accidents, claims or convictions.

You have had both an accident and a claim as you have claimed off the other driver. Expect an increase unless you lie but don’t forget there are clever shared databases.