Four days in........

The place to discuss everything else..
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Yep, after just four days driving the car, this happened....
Approaching a roundabout, Im in the right lane, other car in the left lane, Overtake the car on the roundabout, I indicate to exit the second junction (straight on) BAM!.. straight into the rear quarter of my car. The driver wanted to go to the right (third exit at 3 o'clock position) but was using the left lane... DOH!.

20190606_191931.jpg

20190606_191921.jpg

20190606_191918.jpg

20190606_191907.jpg

My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

So annoying :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least not major damage.

In some ways I really hate driving a brand new car ............ for this reason
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

ScotMac wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm So annoying :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least not major damage.

In some ways I really hate driving a brand new car ............ for this reason
Aye agree. The guy has admitted full responsibility and his insurance have confirmed this also. So at least the financial side is sorted. Just the inconvenience now of getting the car fixed etc.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As long as you and your passengers are OK that is all that matters.

If I can take the opportunity to suggest something you you and others that will help greatly in the future and please do not take offence but enrolling on a Course with the IAM and completing said Course will greatly aid and improve ones driving skills and in particular observational skills.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:57 pm As long as you and your passengers are OK that is all that matters.

If I can take the opportunity to suggest something you you and others that will help greatly in the future and please do not take offence but enrolling on a Course with the IAM and completing said Course will greatly aid and improve ones driving skills and in particular observational skills.
No offence taken, but I'm not sure my observation skills are being questioned... The guy was in the wrong lane, no indication and by the position of the damage on my car, I'd clearly passed his car and was entering the exit.. I would actually say, his observation skills really need to brushed up.... :)
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

☹️☹️
V sad, but no injuries is the main consideration.
Someone driving into the n/s/r of another car......beggars belief!

(Make sure your insurance co use a Porsche accredited body- shop and that you get a decent loan car....)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Paul wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:18 pm ☹️☹️
V sad, but no injuries is the main consideration.
Someone driving into the n/s/r of another car......beggars belief!

(Make sure your insurance co use a Porsche accredited body- shop and that you get a decent loan car....)
All sorted.. I'm using road and race restorations in Bolton. Used before and were excellent..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Shame. Unfortunately it’s a rather common occurrence. I’ve seen many near misses and indeed nearly got caught myself when a horse box, signalling left, did the same thing. A motorcyclist friend got taken out in exactly the same kind of collision. The defence is not to travel alongside anything on roundabouts, or assume anyone is going to do what their course, speed, position or signals suggest they might!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I think the tipping point there was they struck you towards the rear. Whilst they should have entered on the right hand lane it is arguable that you should not have. A situation best avoided.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 pm I think the tipping point there was they struck you towards the rear. Whilst they should have entered on the right hand lane it is arguable that you should not have. A situation best avoided.
Sorry, I disagree. Two lanes enter the roundabout and two lanes exit the roundabout at the 12 o'clock. Why shouldn't I be in the right hand lane?
The roundabout has three exits. 9 o'clock, excited using the left hand lane approach. 12 o'clock, excited using either approaching lane and 3 o'clock, excited using the right hand approaching lane..
You shouldn't exit the 3 o'clock exit using the left lane..

The tipping point was I had an independent witness who was in a car behind me who had to take avoiding action because the car that hit me tried to carry on to his 3 o'clock exit.. and in the process, nearly ran into his car also.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.