Cayenne coupe S

The place to discuss everything else..
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 pm Drove one of these at the open day last Sunday. It’s a HUGE car, rather like a Macan on steroids. It was on steel springs and sitting in the 14 way seats I felt slightly ‘on’ the car rather than ‘in’ it. I’d go for air and 18 ways in a car this size. It was black, which I think suits it better than a light colour. Volcano grey would look good too.

We are coming from a macan. Got one coming on Wednesday to test drive.

Defo thinking black now. They dont do it in Volcano otherwise I would have gone for that

Going for the 8 way sports plus seats as they are standard on the s and air is a given. :D

MattMacan

Post by MattMacan »

Turbo Coupe on order for September Delivery (Quartzite Grey). Praying it looks as good in the flesh as all the promo doing the rounds.

Borrowed a fully loaded black one for 24 hours prior to placing the order. Would never have a black one due the sheer upkeep. I do love cleaning cars, just not that much!! (i even cleaned the loaner)
It did look a hell of a beast in all black though! It felt surprisingly comfortable on Air and 22". Have opted for 21" though.

Quick Review:

In a matter of minutes it felt like home. That familiar Porsche feel. The additional size fades into insignificance almost immediately. The loaner did have every option you could wish for so i'm sure this helped, Active Chassis Control at £2,315 working miracles with all that extra metal.. Most impressive was the rear wheel steering. Made the thing feel positively nimble at low speeds, in and out of junctions and parking manoeuvers, again all assisting with reducing the impression of size and bulk.
That mighty V8 is, well, MIGHTY!! Blisteringly quick!
The interior is exceptional. All the latest bits of kit that the car industry has to offer. The Macan does fall a little short in this area in comparison.
IMO it does look far more imposing than the Macan but more importantly it was the way it felt. The quality of everything just felt next level. Yes it's far more expensive but it really feels it. It really does feel like you're getting something more for you money!

Roll on September!!

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

5B3AB2F2-9BE0-4B1D-8E28-D899A83CBC93.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I was at the Belfast OPC on Thursday and had a good look around an Orange Turbo they had in the showroom. Must say I do like the look of it in the metal even if orange was a bit much. Black would be the colour for me I think. One thing that did surprise was how small the boot was for such a large car. The other thing that I wasn't sure about was the new dash with the analogue rev counter in the middle of a large screen. I also sat in a 992 and thought the same thing. Better to go the whole way like Audi and just have one configurable screen.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Taz

Post by Taz »

"One thing that did surprise was how small the boot was for such a large car".

That was my thought when I saw one 'in the flesh'.

Looking at the website, it states that for the Cayenne the boot space is 772 litres and up to 1708 litres with the seats folded down. However, for the Coupe this reduces to 625 litres and 1540 litres. In broad terms, using the normal boot sizes, the Coupe has 20% less boot space than the normal Cayenne.

I was going to buy a Coupe but the boot space, the absence of a rear wiper and the thicker C pillars put me off and so I chose a normal Cayenne (which will hopefully be delivered next month).
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

New Cayenne Coupe looks great!
I would take one in Silver!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Read a review on this in the latest CAR mag. Fabulous thing but they achieved a mighty 15 mpg on it. Yikes! Hope you have shares in BP or Shell...
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Here's the AUTOCAR video review.....like that burnt orange colour on it..... :oops: :twisted:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/po ... -uk-review
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:11 pm Here's the AUTOCAR video review.....like that burnt orange colour on it..... :oops: :twisted:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/po ... -uk-review
Surprising how much the Cayenne in this review looks like the Macan. :o
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

◇◇ yes, perhaps the chunkier brother!!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver