Weekend laugh

The place to discuss everything else..
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

The self appointed experts at DriveTribe have completed their normative research:

Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Pivot wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 am The self appointed experts at DriveTribe have completed their normative research:

These experts have obviously never been to France 😖 hard to find a car without damage in Paris 🤕
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Italians, without a doubt.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

China gets my vote for worst. Closely followed by India.

Just back from a 2000 mile road trip in the USA and once again impressed by the politeness of their drivers. The exception being the horn happy Manhattan jockeys!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:21 am Italians, without a doubt.
Agree, definitely Italians. They all think they're driving Ferrari's and if you're driving anything half decent they will do everything and anything to get passed you only to turn off as soon as they've done it. I've seen and nearly been involved in more accidents in Italy than anywhere else in the world I've been.

Americans generally I find pretty good. You get the odd idiot and sometimes they seem to be in their own bubble but they are surprisingly compliant even in Manhatten or L.A. Given the choice I'd rather drive in the States than Italy (or Egypt/India/Sri Lanka) and happily will be doing a road trip around Yellowstone in a couple of weeks.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Ralf Ramone

Post by Ralf Ramone »

Friend who lives in the states told me you tend to be very polite on the roads if the other driver potentially has a semi automatic rifle in the footwell.
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Another vote for Italian drivers ... or more precisely drivers in Rome.

Just back and how we didn't get hit by the drivers thinking they were Vettel or the the scooters who thought they were Rossi is anyone's guess. Every set of lights was the chance for a race start.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

No idea how the Americans got there they are fine and cautious (as Ralf says :lol: ) , struggle with our narrow roads when over here!
China is pretty scary because you have no real idea what they may do and also their load load carrying habits are totally crazy :shock: .
Nepal/India is mainly scary due to road conditions I found :?
In Italy just let them overtake and you'll be safe! :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960