992 C2S

The place to discuss everything else..
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Thanks guys - its a stunning car to drive and look at and as with all 911s the improvements are of course incremental. The interior of course will divide opinion and until I've lived with it for a while I won't be able to give a definitive opinion.

I've got an August build but I know the factory is shut last 2 weeks of August so not sure whether it will be early or late september for it to arrive at Bolton. If it's not finished before shutdown then it will probably be late september.

I try and keep to the formula of Base plus 10% so that absolutely minimises any depreciation and it allows for speccing all the 'essentials' e.g. Chrono, Sports Exhaust, rear camera. I threw this rule out of the window when I specced my GT3 as different rules apply.

I'm planning on keeping it until the Taycan arrives possible April/May next year.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S

VanB

Post by VanB »

It'll be interesting to see how you get on with the new interior. I sat in one at Reading when my car was in the other day and thought the interior, whilst nice, was very un-911 like and I'm not sure about the wart-like brake light on the rear but otherwise a lovely car. I suspect these things will simply become the new normal and we won't give them a second look in due course.

Interestingly OPC said they will get their hands on the Taycan in November this year and they are expecting a few surprises when it comes out.

Will be very jealous, Arif if you end up with a GT3 and a Taycan - what a garage that will be!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Very nice Arif. Look forward to hearing your views on it in September.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Thanks guys

The latest info I have on the Taycan is that it's probably been delayed from later this year to spring next year but I guess these things are fluid with a totally new model.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
steve w

Post by steve w »

Nice spec Arif ,the GT3 can’t have much mileage on it should be a nice bit of profit in it when you sell it on,I originally specced a 992 CS but cancelled thar order and I’m waiting until the GTS Is realised for sale either end of this year or beginning of next year.
SteveW
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

steve w wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:18 pm Nice spec Arif ,the GT3 can’t have much mileage on it should be a nice bit of profit in it when you sell it on,I originally specced a 992 CS but cancelled thar order and I’m waiting until the GTS Is realised for sale either end of this year or beginning of next year.
SteveW
Thanks Steve, yes if I had the option I would always buy a GTS but I suspect the GTS may arrive at the same time as the Taycan so decided to go for a 992 now.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
Suzuki Swift Sport

VanB

Post by VanB »

GTS will likely arrive after the Taycan (usually 18-24 months after model release). There is a huge list of people who have put down a letter of intent on the Taycan so it’s likely to be in very short supply when it comes out.

Personally I love the concept of the Taycan but it is new technology to Porsche so would probably wait until the gen 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate