New Maserati MY20 petrol Levante

The place to discuss everything else..
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Thinking about my next car to replace the SD and happened to see an advert for the new Maserati Petrol Levante. It seems to sit somewhere between the Macan and the Cayenne SUV, whilst having the shape of the Cayenne Coupe (which only has four seats). Took one for a test drive today and was impressed. The sales rep made me a very good offer for mine, took £1,000 off the Levante listed price, offered me 0% finance on a PCP, three years free service and also offered to throw in a free GTechniq treatment. I realise the offer could be construed as trying to push a car that was not selling well but I do not know too much about the Levante petrol apart from the fact that it is fairly new and that Maserati seem to have sorted out their reliability and construction issues.

Anyone had any practical experience of the Levante?
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Not driven one, but an interesting choice. A rarer site than a Macan or Cayenne...

EB8EE25F-F286-4F68-A1FE-9CD144D1ED72.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Indeed...and handled as well as the Macan.
VanB

Post by VanB »

By all accounts a very good car but also very thirsty. I think they look great and if they drive as well as the Macan then why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A friend of mine recently got one. Early days, but he's very pleased with it so far

He'd had a turgid time with a Range Rover Sport that had been off the road (in faults and breakdowns way) than in actuallt in use.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

He had 5 breakdown calls and another 7 dealer visits over 12 months for a car under warranty with the Range Rover.

He's had this Levante for 3 months now,,,;

FB_IMG_1565292466186.jpg

FB_IMG_1565292898730.jpg

Last edited by SAC1 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Like the grey but prefer the blue or the black.
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Nice car but how’s the deprecation compared to the Macan?
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

I assume it to be slightly worse but then a) I intend to keep it longer and b) there is no chance that I'll be hit, post purchase, by another dieselgate that changed all my assumptions about the SD depreciation.

Thanks all for the input so far.
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

I sold the Ghibli I had for nearly 4 years this June when my new Macan S arrived. The Maserati interior and UI was excellent, it looked great in black metallic with 20” wheels & full extended cream soft grain leather and drew admiring comments all the time. Reliability was fine except I had a very expensive battery replaced (kindly by the dealer) apparently due to not using it for long enough journeys in the really cold weather. Was told to always keep it on charge, and they fitted the quick connector to the battery FOC.
My son has a Maserati GTS and I now have an official dealer just a mile away, so would have considered staying with Maserati. However official Maserati dealer offers for my under 4 year old unblemished car with less than 15k miles was appalling, more than £2k less than WBAC. And the dealer I bought it from “regretted he couldn’t make an offer as they were overstocked”. Eventually sold it via Tootle for £1k more than WBAC. My wife wanted a Levante, and I could have got over £3k off without a p/x. But to be brutally honest, I think it looks like a dogs breakfast and couldn’t get past that.
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).