Taycan Official Launch

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

PaulR wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:18 pm The good news - the Taycan doesn't have fake exhausts. Have to admit, that is such a relief.
Did you seriously think it would? I know prototypes had them, but I never doubted it was only camo.

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Peteski wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:53 pm
PaulR wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:18 pm The good news - the Taycan doesn't have fake exhausts. Have to admit, that is such a relief.
Did you seriously think it would? I know prototypes had them, but I never doubted it was only camo.
Appreciate the prototypes had very fake stuck on exhausts that were obviously camouflage. But who knows, as with many other cars across VAG, Porsche might have had something fake. There's different levels of fakeness. The worst being the completely fake pipes that don't do anything, e.g. the pipes on the latest S4, S5 etc. Middle of the road are large exhaust outlets but with a smaller exhaust pointing at it from behind. Then you have trim that's designed to look like an exhaust from a distance, but close up there's nothing there. My relief is that the Taycan doesn't have any kind of trim that even vaguely looks like an exhaust, or even a nod to where the exhaust would otherwise be.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

This is a good summary
[url] http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-model-s-vs-porsche-taycan-who-wins-no-contest-2019-9 [/url]
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
davewf

Post by davewf »

Do you think the wheel designer once worked for Bosch

IMG_2625.jpeg

smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Spoke to my OPC today about Taycan allocations, deposits, lead-times, etc.

Turbo orders outweigh Turbo S orders 70-30% at present.
If I wanted a Turbo S then I’m looking at May of next year.
London seem to be struggling with allocations and are ringing other dealerships trying to negotiate more.
It’ll cost me £5k for my place in the queue.

£150k though :shock:
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
VanB

Post by VanB »

smithy37 wrote:Spoke to my OPC today about Taycan allocations, deposits, lead-times, etc.

London seem to be struggling with allocations and are ringing other dealerships trying to negotiate more.

Personally I wouldn’t jump into a gen 1 but would wait and see what needs ironing out. Whilst I think the car looks compelling it is still untested in the wild and we don’t know what issues will manifest themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

smithy37 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 pm Spoke to my OPC today about Taycan allocations, deposits, lead-times, etc.

Not in the least surprised that Turbo orders are far outstripping Turbo S ones. And when the lower trim levels come out, they’ll outsell the Turbo in turn.

8 months doesn’t actually seem too bad a lead time, recalling how long some folks had to wait for a Macan in the early days.

So at £150k, what options have you added to the Turbo S? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 pm
smithy37 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 pm Spoke to my OPC today about Taycan allocations, deposits, lead-times, etc.

Not in the least surprised that Turbo orders are far outstripping Turbo S ones. And when the lower trim levels come out, they’ll outsell the Turbo in turn.

8 months doesn’t actually seem too bad a lead time, recalling how long some folks had to wait for a Macan in the early days.

So at £150k, what options have you added to the Turbo S? :geek:

This is what I was contemplating:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXVDF40

I am looking to see what options I have regarding purchasing this as a company car, being an SME business owner. Benefit in kind tax is 0% from next April. I’m talking to my accountant about this as I’m not sure about a £150k company car. :o

My SA has rang me twice already since I initially enquired so he is certainly keen to get my deposit.
Taycan Turbo S

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Very nice, Smithy. :)

As I said, I'm surprised with 'only' an 8 month lead time & that the SA is chasing you for your order/deposit. Either they have really ramped up Taycan production capacity, or the initial orders for Turbo & Turbo S are not quite as high as they expected...?

I wonder when they'll be announcing the more mainstream models in the Taycan range...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:32 pm ^^^ Very nice, Smithy. :)

As I said, I'm surprised with 'only' an 8 month lead time & that the SA is chasing you for your order/deposit. Either they have really ramped up Taycan production capacity, or the initial orders for Turbo & Turbo S are not quite as high as they expected...?

I wonder when they'll be announcing the more mainstream models in the Taycan range...
We’re now down to £1k deposit after a further call and numerous emails. Current estimate for collection is now June, although I’m in no rush! I’ve a 911 GTS to enjoy :D

Had a long discussion with my accountant today and quite frankly I’m stunned I can make this work as a company car. The wife is on board so I’m going to sleep on it. If I still feel the same way tomorrow then I’m in.

This escalated quickly :oops:
Taycan Turbo S