Fleet / Lease / Hire

The place to discuss everything else..
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I have read on here occasional posts from people buying a used car and the suggestion that the seller is under some obligation to disclose the previous history (particularly when it was used as a 'fleet' car)?

My wife wants a (used) SL;, there is a car on Autotrader - first reg April 2016 to MB UK Ltd Fleet, Delaware Dr Tongwell, Milton Keynes,
MK15 8BA who sold it to MB Exeter in December 2016. I've called everyone and their dogs in MB and apart from the service history they won't tell me anything (data protection / human rights etc.) Can I compel them to tell me what it was used for?

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

ping!
VanB

Post by VanB »

No idea how much they can or should divulge but you can be sure that under GDPR you will get no personal details of anyone who has owned/used it
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Do be careful. I bought a BMW which the dealer said was a 'Management Car' that turned out to be a press car. I sold it to a nice guy from London not knowing this but he came across the car on a YouTube video. The dealer denied all knowledge, no surprise there then.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

send them an email asking specifically if the car was ever used as a press demonstrator, a vehicle used for hire purposes or any other commercial use...

If they cant confirm then go elsewhere..

Merc were offering silly deals to get rid of the last of the SLs in stock, have you considered new (less than £50k for brand new...)