New RSQ3

The place to discuss everything else..
johnd

Post by johnd »

The latest RSQ3 has now been formally announced, apparently in both standard and sportback versions, but no road tests yet:

I haven't seen an availability date for RHD versions, but guessing early 2020.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly

Paul

Post by Paul »

Yes, saw this. Just waiting for the “ordinary” SQ3 to be announced......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
happy days

Post by happy days »

Ugh. The front lower grills look like a Honda Civic. Not my cup of tea.
Macan S D
718 S
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

I was always an Audi man and thought they were the benchmark for interiors, fit and finish. Now, being fortunate enough to own a Macan, I look at them and think - meh :roll: Even though my Macan is mk1 "old style" tech, I still think the interior exudes class rather than just the pizzazz of recent Audi interiors. I have indeed become spoiled and now I've owned a Porsche I can't imagine any other marque would be good enough :)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Are you wishing that you had waited @johnd?

Think it will be a decent motor but where will the price be pitched? Based on RS3 prices you would say it is going to be over £55k list - which is a lot for a small Audi...

As for Panthera, I ordered a Mk1 GTS and cancelled it for an SQ5 - one of reasons was space and practicality but the interior and modernity of the Audi definitely helped. I now have an M5 and think the Audi interior was just as good...
adam b

Post by adam b »

the green one looks very cool IMO
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
johnd

Post by johnd »

Isleaiw wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:54 am Are you wishing that you had waited @johnd?
Umm, yes and no. There is almost ALWAYS something newer and potentially better just a few months away so either you bite the bullet at some point or wait forever. I already waited much longer than intended for the Q3 Sportback to become orderable and hopefully I might get delivery in around 8 weeks' time. Actual UK delivery for the RHD RSQ3 is still rather vaguely off into the future as yet (maybe Feb/Mar next year, but could be sooner or later and obviously subject to availability, quotas etc) - all we've had for now is the first official announcement. So part of me is thinking bird in the hand etc plus also daily driving the 45 TFSI version will give me a good feel for whether I'm happy with the Q3SB in principle.

But like most of us I suspect, I'd always also like more power though that said an SQ3 if one were ever to appear would likely be the sweet spot for me. One thing about cars is that you can always easily buy and sell (unless your taste is for exotics) provided the cost to change is not too disastrous, so if I quickly decide that the Q3 230PS is just too underpowered then yes I'd look to trade up to the RSQ3 in eg 6-12 months time. And during that time there might be some indication of whether some form of SQ3 - even if it were to be badged eg 50 TFSIe, which is one speculation - might ever see the light of day.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Absolutely agree - get what you like and dont worry about updates coming..

Also agree that an SQ3 may be the sweet spot, the RS models seems a lot more money for not a great deal more on paper (but I appreciate that on paper and driving are different...)
Fusion1966

Post by Fusion1966 »

My observation is how can Audi get so much horsepower and torque out of a smaller engine compared to the Macan S

Seems to me there is so much untapped potential power to glean out of our cars if so desired

I do find the performance a little underwhelming. More luxury than sporty for me
Macan S delivered 2nd Sept 19: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNURCB9
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

The sportback looks nice.. but I guess it will be pushing 60k with options.. my sister has a new Q3 s-line and it feels very low rent and plasticky inside compared to my Macan (but mine does have the full extended leather)
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9