SLC mystery

The place to discuss everything else..
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

My wife wants an SLC. After 3 months looking for a suitable used car at a sensible price we decided to buy new. My local dealer told me that they can’t order one; they are no longer being produced. The next local dealer told me the same thing. Google is full of reports saying the same thing. I went to an on-line discount site who quoted me a (good) price for my personal spec which I accepted. I got a call from a Merc main dealer in Leeds (80 miles from me), I got the order form and paid the deposit (£1,000) with a build date in December for delivery first week in January. I asked Leeds how they were able to do it and their response was – “no problem, we place the order they build it – that’s it”

Anyone got any ideas on how the two opposite statements can be reconciled?

(Note: The reason I am not posting this question on the Merc site is because it’s not active)

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

You could always talk to Mercedes-Benz Cars Customer Services team. 00800 9777 7777 or email cs.uk@cac.mercedes-benz.com.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:40 pm You could always talk to Mercedes-Benz Cars Customer Services team. 00800 9777 7777 or email cs.uk@cac.mercedes-benz.com.
Thanks - I have, twice . . . . . first time they told me that the dealer must have a pre allocated build slot with time on it to change the spec, then next call told me that there is a new model and the dealer must be supplying me with the new model (at the old model price)!

Mystery!