M135i

The place to discuss everything else..
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Went to view the new 1 Series launch last weekend and in particular I wanted to see the new M135i. It's a much more attractive proposition to me now as its all wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive. The fact it's 306 bhp and 0-60 in 4.8 also pings the attention.

The visit last week quickly degenerated into getting a lot of quotes from various dealers this week and a few sleepless nights thinking of colours and specification. Finally reached a price I'm happy with form my local dealer and Now a test drive arranged for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I like it but can't see what's not to like.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Enjoy! And take photos! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍👍

I have to say Mrs P’s TTS (2.0 litre 300 bhp 4 wd) is a hoot to drive. Big discount and PCP incentive helps but it’s also a fun car to drive (roadster version)

She comes from a BMW 428 convertible so I get the BMW tech stuff (so much easier and slicker than Porsche😳) ....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

BMW was always my dream brand, in the days when I thought that a Porsche would be unobtainable.

In the end, I owned one BMW, a 316 from 1984, with a 4-speed manual transmission. Even that, I modified, with 15” alloys on 205 width tyres! :lol:

Now in a 2-door German car again, but with a 7-speed box, 20” wheels on 305 width tyres (at the rear) and a few more bhp! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

MCDK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 pm Went to view the new 1 Series launch last weekend and in particular I wanted to see the new M135i. It's a much more attractive proposition to me now as its all wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive. The fact it's 306 bhp and 0-60 in 4.8 also pings the attention.

The visit last week quickly degenerated into getting a lot of quotes from various dealers this week and a few sleepless nights thinking of colours and specification. Finally reached a price I'm happy with form my local dealer and Now a test drive arranged for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I like it but can't see what's not to like.
Hey there, you changing the golf? Which dealer you going - B? C? Or J?

My mate works for Bavarian and drives all the cars, he says new 135i is very good and v little or no lag for the 2.0 engine.

Colours?

Si
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
dragoshsd

Post by dragoshsd »

Saw one of these at the local dealer, love what they've done with the interior.
Red5

Post by Red5 »

MCDK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 pm Went to view the new 1 Series launch last weekend and in particular I wanted to see the new M135i. It's a much more attractive proposition to me now as its all wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive. The fact it's 306 bhp and 0-60 in 4.8 also pings the attention.

How was it then?

Have a look at this thread regarding pricing. These prices are online / email only.
Hopefully you’ve been offered comparable?
https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=123460&p=1522472&hilit=M135i#p1522472
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Ok report back time. Great test drive this morning about 30mins on varied roads and some pretty quiet. Wife even took a drive which she was adamant she was not going to try it.

Lovely engine. Very quiet and smooth with instant power whenever you want it. Great modern interior with all the toys and gadgets. Lots more interior room than the old 1 Series and build quality seems very good. Some nice noises in Sport mode although nothing too obtrusive. Didn't really get to try out the advantage of XDrive but nice to know AWD is there when needed. Fantastic alcantara seats.

Car we drove had the Plus pack which gives lovely 19" alloys, sun pro glass and Surround sound stereo system. It was Misano Blue which is quite a vibrant blue, maybe a little too bright but the colour choice is not great. You have white, black, red, dark grey, the blue and then Storm Bay which is kinda primer grey although with a bit of a lilac/mauve tinge depending on the light.

Sooooo after seeing it last Saturday I have spent the last week emailing and talking to dealers for quotes. My local dealer was strong with their pricing even compared with the link above from the infamous TRL.

Decision to order was an easy one. Also like the fact it's a brand new model so won't be replaced or updated for a good while and should not be too many on the roads just yet. I like the looks, the front is maybe a bit too 2 Active Tourer looking but the side and rear look greats. Two big exhaust pipes and the black diffuser look purposeful.

Colour was a bit of a discussion between my wife and I. White I feel has maybe died off a bit recently and I have just bought a white Mini Countryman for my daily duties so ruled it out. Black too hard to maintain with my detailing obsession. Dark grey didn't look special enough and a lot of lesser 1 Series will be specced in that colour. The primer grey comes highly recommended by a lot of salespeople but looks a bit bland and the lilac look can be challenging. So we ended up at red or blue, wife not keen on red cars and strangely I have never owned a red car. Does look good in red but in the end my natural sway towards blue cars won over and Misano Blue with the M135i Plus Pack was ordered. Delivery mid November hopefully.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

mcnallys wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Hey there, you changing the golf? Which dealer you going - B? C? Or J?

My mate works for Bavarian and drives all the cars, he says new 135i is very good and v little or no lag for the 2.0 engine.

Colours?

Si

Hi Si

Yes it's my wife's Golf GTi that is departing. Been a fantastic car but now had 6 years far over two cars so it's maybe time to try another brand for a change. Tried all the NI dealers and some across the water too. Pleased to say that J were very competitive and as they are so close to me it's a no brainer. Can't wait now to get it.
Misano blue is the chosen colour.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

Great to hear that J where competitive - they are the nicest to deal with by far. The blue is the best colour, might build one to see. We are now veering towards Miami blue for the 992, need to decide after silverstone.

Tell your wife the 2020 car colour is a lighter blue..... I actually believe it is, sooo many manufacturers are showing blue with the new models.

Looking forward to the pics
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3