Paying off PCP finance early

The place to discuss everything else..
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

I am looking at buying a second car (a BMW, not a Macan), and the best deals are offered with PCP finance.
I am not interested in PCP finance (I am lucky enough to have the cash), but want the best deal.
I have read I can take advantage of PCP deals but pay off the entire finance within a month(?) with no penalty.
Is this correct? Are there any catches?

Paul

Post by Paul »

None whatsoever. Done it 3 or 4 times in the past. Take the “finance incentive”or “deposit contribution” and the ask the finance co for a settlement figure (normally automated)
If you like and feel a bit obligated towards the dealer let one payment go through (they will loose brownie points.)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Agree with Paul - don't it myself a few times. I think the dealers sometimes get penalised if you haven't made 3 payments.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Did it once with a Porsche and it was a right pita to save a grand. Loads of paperwork and f*** ups from start to finish. Don't think I would bother going through the hassle again.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Common approach with BMW - do it within 14 days and there should be next to no interest charged either...
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

This is a difficult one as I'm in sales and would hate to think of someone being so dishonest and giving their word on a deal with full intention of doing something different behind my back. Although i don't do B2C so it is slightly different when it's peoples personal money so it's a tough one!

I think if the salesman was nice and helpful then i'd struggle, but i suppose if he wasn't then ir's probably fair game! it's a tough one! After all, it's not the dealership who are penalised / affected as much by this. It's the salesman's commission!
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Am not sure that ‘dishonesty’ is an accurate term here. It’s not like you say to the salesperson “I hereby promise to maintain this finance arrangement for its full term of x years”. And surely the terms applicable if the finance is repaid early should be properly explained by the salesperson? E.g. If you repay the finance early, before xx/xx/xx, the early redemption penalty would be £x. Sounds to me like buyers simply taking advantage of incentives offered by the dealership to persuade them to buy a car. If the dealership leaves big loopholes in the offers which buyers can ‘take advantage of’, then it’s their lookout.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018