Porsche Range Experience Silverstone

The place to discuss everything else..
jone66

Post by jone66 »

Does anyone know if you buy a approved used car from OPC they offer the track day? I'd book regardless, but would be interesting to know.
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D

LVision

Post by LVision »

Not 100% sure but I thought it was only with new car sales. However can’t hurt to ask and may be part of your negotiation.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

This sounds great. We were offered 4 tickets to this when we bought our Cayman last march and never received them - this sounds brillinat and worth the 6 hour drive. Need to get porsche to chase them up based on this reveiw - thanks for posting :)
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

jone66 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:03 pm Does anyone know if you buy a approved used car from OPC they offer the track day? I'd book regardless, but would be interesting to know.
With a brand new car, you should get a half-day experience at Silverstone Porsche Experience Centre including breakfast & lunch, or lunch and a light tea. It is not normal to get the PEC experience when buying a used Porsche.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

we also got 4 PEC ticket with our Cayman purchase and we have been to Silverstone and indeed its a brilliant day. I hink being based in Glasgow not so many people take up the PEC days so they have spares tickets (demo cars apparently also get them, dealer pays £500/ticket apparently) so they were happy to include it in our negotiations when purchasing - same as the range day tickets. This time we neogtiated another 3 tickets with the GTS purchase. Anyone looking to buy maybe try to get some extra PEC tickets in the deal.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

jone66 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:03 pm Does anyone know if you buy a approved used car from OPC they offer the track day? I'd book regardless, but would be interesting to know.
I had the half day at the PEC driving a Macan after I placed my deposit for a brand new Macan and before I took delivery of it. My first brand new Porsche

I have now been offered a Range Day at the PEC for a whole day from 8-30 am to 4 pm. So I've booked for the 25 Feb. This invite came after placing my deposit a month ago for my April 2020 delivery Macan GTS. On both occasions it has been for two adults.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:53 pm
I had the half day at the PEC driving a Macan after I placed my deposit for a brand new Macan and before I took delivery of it. My first brand new Porsche

I have now been offered a Range Day at the PEC for a whole day from 8-30 am to 4 pm. So I've booked for the 25 Feb. This invite came after placing my deposit a month ago for my April 2020 delivery Macan GTS. On both occasions it has been for two adults.
Good deal! :o

I was given a half day experience (for one person) when I placed my deposit for the new GTS back in December; exactly the same as I received when I bought my first GTS.

Either I've upset someone, or times are tough for Porsche dealers in my neck of the woods... :lol:
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ The driving experience bit is technically for one person, but you can bring a guest for the breakfast/lunch or lunch/tea. I’ve been three times and on each occasion I’ve split the driving time with my guest, so they got some driving time too. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Wow!

Great summary of the day too - thank you. What was the cost of the experience please? Can anyone sign up?
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

2020-02-25 Range Day at Silverstone.jpg

Took advantage yesterday of the full day Experience at Silverstone with my son. We stayed overnight at the nearby Paisley Pear by Marstons Inns. Modern, clean, comfortable, quiet and only £55 for a twin room.

We arrived at Porsche for an 8 am for breakfast. Then the briefing and the 60 or so people split into 4 x groups for driving. We started on the water slope and water skid areas driving Cayman GTS' and Boxster S' each pair of guests taking it in turn to drive the eight cars with guidance by the instructor overa walkie-talkie. Great way to start the day and experience low speed kick plate induced skids. Next road driving of Macans Panameras. Impressed with how the "huge" Panamera shrinks around you and makes you feel like you're driving a 2-seater!.....until you have to park it!! Next we drove the 992 Carrera and AWD S models on the handling and straightaway circuits. The highlight of the day for raw speed and driver involvement. The S with AWD and Rear Steering was virtually impossible to throw off line even at crazy speeds A good 3-course lunch followed by an instructor drive of the Cayman GT4 - Wow! they can really make it dance and you are seeing through the passenger window as much as the windscreen. Possibly not the best ride straight after lunch though!! Next up we drove the Cayenne Coupe on the road. Hugely impressed, but at circa £125k and no rear windscreen wiper just too much. The final part was being driven on their off-road circuit in the Cayenne. Incredibly capable with all its electronic systems and able to go a crazy angles 37 degrees the most we experienced and 1-in-3 slopes. Back for tea and departure at 4:30 pm.

All the instructors we were directly involved with during the day were enthusiastic and informative. Most seem to have been here for the 12 years that the Experience Centre has been open.

There are plenty of cars on display to view and sit in as well as some race cars etc. So even in the break periods you have plenty to occupy your day.

Unfortunately they did not have a Macan GTS; it's due in here next month. The Taycan is not due here until April, but they've installed 8 x recharging points. Interesting facts - they spend £25k p.m. on fuel and £25k p.m. on tyres on their fleet here.

A really great day and we were lucky to have a dry, albeit cold day, to fully experience it all,

The good news for me was that it reinforced that the MACAN is the car for me and it vindicates my decision to buy my first ever repeat model in 50 years of buying cars.

2020-02-25 Cayenne off road inside.jpg

2020-02-25 Cayenne off road.jpg

2020-02-25 911S AWD with rear steer.jpg

2020-02-25 08.40.35.jpg

2020-02-25 15.42.33.jpg

2020-02-25 08.37.23.jpg

2020-02-25 coffee and cake.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver