992 C2S Cabriolet

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul

Post by Paul »

Don't want to even attempt to rivalise Wingco's mega 911T thread :lol: , but would welcome your opinions (especially those lucky enough to own a new 992)

I believe that if I don't get a big loud shouty car soon, they will stop making them and this may be my last chance! (the convertible bit is to satisfy my mid '50s crisis!)

I've toyed with specs and come up with this latest one; PLEBMRG5 (which will, of course change!)

Questions for you all:

Dolomite or GT silver to pick up the blue hood?

Does the new 992 with all its' filters make a "nice" noise without the sports exhaust and how much difference does it actually make?

Do I "need" sports chrono (never used it on my Macan GTS) and will it make any difference to the sports exhaust noise if I don't spec it?

I don't want to spend money on rear wheel steering, the other dynamic chassis aids or ceramic brakes etc; this is a daily driver to do 10K per annum and a few good road trips. I shan't be going on the track.

I don't se the value in any extra sports design bodywork etc.

Answers on a post-card!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

NICE!

I like the spec, although I might swap the sports exhaust for sport chrono, which gives you the mode switch on the steering wheel. I really like the ease this gives for switching quickly into sport, and there's also the boost button!

I like the 18-way seats too for the range of adjustments to get the perfect seating position and comfort.

No doubt more to follow............. :D
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

I agree that PDCC and RWS are overkill for a road car that will never be tracked. These cars are plenty well resolved without the additional "sporty" additions. Whilst I have sports chrono I rarely use sports+ as there simply are so few opportunities to make use of it. However, as Nick says the mode switch is really convenient. I don't have a 992 so can't really comment on the engine sound but on my 991.2 the sports exhaust on sport mode does give the engine quite a bit of character.

Colour is a personal taste but would say that Dolomite Silver does have more of a blue tinge to it that GT silver so might be a better choice if you want to pick up the blue of the hood.

Good luck with it. They really are fabulous cars :)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Paul,

As I mentioned on the other thread, Dolomite is more blueish than GT silver (which is a warmer tone) so would go more with the blue hood & blue leather interior.

I don't have rear axle steering or PDCC on my Carrera T, and it's still a nice, sporty drive. :)

I would opt for Sport Chrono, for the steering wheel-mounted selector and the dash-top clock.

Like you, I would not spend money on the various Sport Design cosmetic options.

I would definitely test drive a 992 C2S with PSE and one without, to compare for yourself.

I would also try & test drive a Carrera S and a non-S Carrera, to see if you think it's worth the extra £10k.

Are you going for PDK?

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Good advice from WingCo. The non-S is 95% of the S and you still won't be able to use all of the power available (or you could take it to Litchfield - just ask WingCo!!!)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks chaps,

I was leaning towards dolomite too....

I do like the switch on the steering wheel.....😊 (but it would need to be as well as the sports exhaust😳)

If I’m spending that many £000s I might as well get the full fat “S”..!

I thought the new 992 were all PDK as standard?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Recent press coverage stated that manual transmission has been introduced in the US. Likely to be coming to the UK in the first half of 2020, according to Autocar etc.
Simon

VanB

Post by VanB »

Currently PDK is standard. It will be interesting to see whether the manual is a “paid for” option when it’s introduced. How times have changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 pm Currently PDK is standard. It will be interesting to see whether the manual is a “paid for” option when it’s introduced. How times have changed!
In the US, manual transmission is a no cost option, it comes with Sport Chrono and can only be had on the Carrera S models. :geek:
Simon

VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote:
VanB wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 pm Currently PDK is standard. It will be interesting to see whether the manual is a “paid for” option when it’s introduced. How times have changed!
In the US, manual transmission is a no cost option, it comes with Sport Chrono and can only be had on the Carrera S models. :geek:
We all know that Porsche UK don’t follow the same rules as the US. The packs they offer, the availability and the pricing is all very different from here so I would be totally unsurprised if a manual gearbox was a cost option sadly [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk