I’ll take that wager! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote:I’ll take that wager! ;)
Unfortunately for you, WingCo, I am not a betting man but it will be interesting to see what PUK’s approach is as they do like to monetise everything they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Welcome to the 992 club Paul, here are my thoughts.

Definitely keep the PSE - makes a difference and will be something that is a must have in the used market.

Another essential from my point of view is the Sports Chrono - improves performance and sound in conjunction with PSE

I would also put a rear view camera on and Bose as the standard sound system is a bit underwhelming.

Colour is a personal choice but I personally love GT Silver - this is my third 911 with that colour. Its a classic 911 colour.

I also personally prefer the RS Spyder wheels but again a personal choice.

Hope that helps.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks for the input Arif;

I’ll check but I thought the reverse camera was standard....
I’m fed up cleaning my current spiders....😂😂😉
I’ve taken PSE and chrono on and off in so many variations lately that my head is spinning😊

...onward and upwards....👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I have seen about a dozen 992's now and not one without PSE. I think everyone wants to avoid the fake tail pipes on the standard system.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Paul

Post by Paul »

Rab J wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:07 pm I have seen about a dozen 992's now and not one without PSE. I think everyone wants to avoid the fake tail pipes on the standard system.
Now there’s another decision; permanently shiny exhaust tips (because nothing comes out of them) or nice burbly crackly pops and a bit of soot build-up......I know where
I stand!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks like a nice sensible spec and yet still mega expensive!

My logic to the wife was the same when i got mine, it won’t be long until we will all be driving boring cars !

Are the 18ways worth it over the 14s if we are looking at keeping costs down. Do they make getting in and out a little more tricky? Even worse in a sports car and for somebody in their 50s ;) Perfectly happy with mine.

I know I went nuts on mine but I would stick with PSE, I’m lucky in that mine sounds far better than any demo/PEC car I drove too. Without they do seem a little quiet.

As for chrono the switch does help otherwise everything is through the screen which is a bit of a PITA. Having said that I have not used sports plus or the boost button yet although the weather has been shite since I ran it in! My view is that the sports cars should always have it for re-sale whereas the SUVs it isn’t worth it.

Personally I prefer GT silver as I think Dolomite looks a little wishey washey. Having said that the dark blue does look nice as a cab

With the 4WS whilst I expect to have benefit on track (and you can really feel it on the tight roads/Roundabouts), the main benefit for me so far has actually been at slow speeds eg car parks etc. Makes a big car very much easier to navigate.

The only other thing I might consider with it being a cab is the rear parking sensor and the blind spot assist thingy. Neither big bucks when you take into account the insurance excess that could be payable if you get it wrong !

Have fun on the Configurator
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I love the 18 ways in both my cars as they enable such fine tuning of the seating position. The extending bolster is great for taller drivers in particular. There is no additional difficulty with them in getting out of the 911 as you are rising out of the seat, unlike sliding over the side bolster in the Macan, but again, longer legs help here.

I considered RWS but left it out on cost grounds and, while I can appreciate the arguably small benefit in tighter situations, I haven't found its absence to be an issue. The same with axle lift, all these things add weight and cost!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

How about the Gentian Blue? I saw a 992 cab in that colour with the blue roof and it looked stunning.
It would also set the silver wheels off better and create less of a kaleidoscope of colours (paint, roof, rear lights, calipers, exhaust tips) :mrgreen:

With regards to the seats, it's worth noting that the 14-way seats are not Sports Seats PLUS, hence the top of the back rest is narrower than on the 18-way sport seats plus. Something to consider if you have broad shoulders. :)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Semerka wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:21 am How about the Gentian Blue? I saw a 992 cab in that colour with the blue roof and it looked stunning.
It would also set the silver wheels off better and create less of a kaleidoscope of colours (paint, roof, rear lights, calipers, exhaust tips) :mrgreen:

With regards to the seats, it's worth noting that the 14-way seats are not Sports Seats PLUS, hence the top of the back rest is narrower than on the 18-way sport seats plus. Something to consider if you have broad shoulders. :)

That’s the colour I was referring to above but didn’t know how to spell it!!

Seen a few cabs myself in that colour it is stunning
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S