Itchy feet again

The place to discuss everything else..
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

VanB wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 pm Only to build a 992 C4S to get a comparison with my GTS. Interestingly a C4S with the same spec comes out very close in price to the GTS. Very interested to see how much the 992 GTS will be when it comes out.
I think it will be big money, it’s the ‘useable’ sweet spot of the range. I couldn’t wait that long :D
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3

VanB

Post by VanB »

mcnallys wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:18 pm
VanB wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 pm Only to build a 992 C4S to get a comparison with my GTS. Interestingly a C4S with the same spec comes out very close in price to the GTS. Very interested to see how much the 992 GTS will be when it comes out.
I think it will be big money, it’s the ‘useable’ sweet spot of the range. I couldn’t wait that long :D
I'm incredibly happy with my GTS - best car I've owned by a country mile and my gut instinct is that I will probably keep it until either Taycan 1.2 comes out or there is a viable electric alternative to the 911 so may be quite some time! In the meantime I'll simply continue to enjoy the way it looks, drives and sounds :D
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Have to agree Van, I cant imagine ever owning a better sports car. I've just run mine up to the dealership and it was a pleasure to drive. It has also been one of the best cars at clearing the outside lane I've ever owned which was a bit of an unexpected bonus.
Also pleased that the figure I got for it was a full 10k above the We Buy Any Car offer. At he same time I managed an almost 10k discount on the new Cayenne and talked them into a January reg so all in all very pleased.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Good result on the Jan registration although over here dealers know they haven't a hope of a 31 Dec registration unless it's their own pre reg fleet.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:40 pm Good result on the Jan registration although over here dealers know they haven't a hope of a 31 Dec registration unless it's their own pre reg fleet.
Yes I was pleased as the English cars I was looking at were already pre reg and given the savings I wasn't that worried, but thought I would try my hand with Belfast and they agreed to report it sold to Porsche Germany and then register it with the DVLA on the 2nd or so. To get the price it will be first registered to them before being transferred to me but not that worried but I suppose I wont get the Silverstone experience invite or even the little plinth to add to my collection. I think this still gets it shown in 2019 sales figures for them although they warned me the warranty would end on 31st Dec 2022 instead of 2nd Jan 2023. I think I can live with that.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

That’s a great result indeed, pics of the new machine Jan expected. That GTS would be a great buy for someone..... they white 991.2 they had sold very quickly.
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

mcnallys wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:54 pm That’s a great result indeed, pics of the new machine Jan expected. That GTS would be a great buy for someone..... they white 991.2 they had sold very quickly.
They told me today the white GTS is sold to London so I think they were keen to have mine in just in case someone wanted to buy themselves a Christmas present. They'll no doubt have a good mark up on what they gave me but will probably service it before sale and it takes a few bob to keep the lights on in that big showroom so I don't begrudge them that. The PPF on my car did at least mean that it wont need any painting, something they say almost everything else they retail needs and no doubt will be a selling point.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Rab are you thinking of getting the new car ceramic coated? I have never done it before but got our recent new M135i coated and it's a fantastic job. Car was collected from dealer by covered trailer before they could touch it and induce marks, he did all the minor correction work and then coated body, glass and wheels. Delivered back to the dealer by the same trailer for me to collect. Paint finish is flawless even under bright lights and it's SO easy to wash and dry. Well worth it and I will get all my cars done in the future for sure.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:06 am Rab are you thinking of getting the new car ceramic coated? I have never done it before but got our recent new M135i coated and it's a fantastic job. Car was collected from dealer by covered trailer before they could touch it and induce marks, he did all the minor correction work and then coated body, glass and wheels. Delivered back to the dealer by the same trailer for me to collect. Paint finish is flawless even under bright lights and it's SO easy to wash and dry. Well worth it and I will get all my cars done in the future for sure.
Some sort of paint and inside prep, not sure what its called but I think he said it was quite a few hundred pounds, was one of the last things throw in along with the plate changing £80 to sweeten the deal and get me to buy their car and not the London one. I'm not expecting much but we'll see. I spent 1k on PPF on the 911 and they didn't seem to care when they were taking it in. They actually bought my car sight unseen accepting it would be ok. They sales guy said they assume that they will probably have to do some paint work on most cars they take in.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wouldn't touch their paint treatment to be honest. Unless proper preparation of the paint is carried out first it's a worthless task and in applying it they will induce marks. Better to ask them not to apply It to be honest as its main purpose is a commission generator for the salesman and the dealer from the kit supplier.