2020 new car market and beyond...

The place to discuss everything else..
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

When you've got half an hour to watch it -

Harry's Garage - interesting 24 minute video "2020 new car market; why I think it's going to be very different from now on"

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Very interesting video, thanks for posting. My wife keeps saying there's no reason to change my five year old SD and fortunately she's unlikely to watch the video.

If I looked at the big picture like Harry has done then I should cancel my order for a GTS. On the other hand, at nearly 75 I see this purchase as the last chance to own a really great car. When I was working my annual mileage was 14k so at least I will produce less polution by halving my annual mileage.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

Another clear interesting video from "Harry's garage", one of the best car Youtube channels
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Paul

Post by Paul »

Really interesting and many valid arguments.

My thoughts about my (nearly here) 992 Cab being my last chance of owning a big shouty petrol car seemingly confirmed....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
pmg

Post by pmg »

Paul wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:48 am Really interesting and many valid arguments.

My thoughts about my (nearly here) 992 Cab being my last chance of owning a big shouty petrol car seemingly confirmed....
I bought my Macan S last year under similar logic
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Thanks for posting, a very interesting video.
Ive been looking at and questioning ev’s for a while. They only really work for some people in certain scenarios but wouldn’t work for us as a family car as we like to do long driving holidays.
If they bought out a small commercial van Like the rumoured VW transporter (with 1T payload) I may consider one . Our current van only runs in and out of central London once/twice a day, when in use, and charging points would not be an issue as an overnight charge would more than cover any mileage.
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Interesting information in Harry's video, as always. I have always considered the "green energy" stuff a disappointment when you look look at it more objectively but there is no doubt in my mind that we need to clean up our act as a whole, but lets hope there will be room to enjoy something that makes life more fun, in a responsible way.

At least until there is actually an 'event' that sorts the problem out finally for us all, maybe the next panic will be an asteroid impact :o .
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Very interesting observations and I share the sentiment.

Actually, I am thinking of becoming more env-friendly by getting an electric mountain bike to balance my Macan S and R9T motorcycle footprint.
With an e-MTB I will get some physical exercise and do my bit for the planet: https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/e-bike/mig-rr
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Pivot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:46 pm Very interesting observations and I share the sentiment.

Actually, I am thinking of becoming more env-friendly by getting an electric mountain bike to balance my Macan S and R9T motorcycle footprint.
With an e-MTB I will get some physical exercise and do my bit for the planet: https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/e-bike/mig-rr
E-bikes are great fun. That Ducati you linked to is a full on enduro bike, so massive overkill unless you are planning on riding steep rock/root infested technical descents. Will be super plush on normal trails too, but I would go with a proper bike brand eg Specialized, Giant, Trek, Canyon, YT etc rather than a re-branded marketing gimmick. Same goes with Porsche branded bikes.

I’m into non-powered mtb, but both my girls have e-mtbs so we can ride together. They beat me easily on the climbs!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Peteski! Welcome back!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465