Have you changed your behaviour during the lockdown?

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have. I no longer watch the News as there is no News other than this accursed Virus and they are so depressing. Talk about stating the obvious? The BBC in particular seem to want to trash anything the Government do. They had a Panorama programme on, which I didn't watch, but a mate of mine was telling me about it. They had 'medical professionals' on complaining about lack of PPE, which is a serious matter. It turns out they were all Labour/Momentum activists which the BBC failed to disclose which is against their charter. Also some person claiming that the Government had turned down her offer of PPE and she actually didn't have any to sell but was touting for orders. It's all rubbish. The country has been effectively closed for two months and people seem surprised that there's a recession looming. Is it just me or are they all thick. One thing I don't miss is David Shukman who for years has jetted around the World as the Environment Correspondent telling us it's wrong to be jetting around the World for fun but ok for him and a camera crew. If I sound grumpy it's because I am I guess.
Barely watch the box now apart from the occasional documentary and I think I'll cancel SKY Sports as I've not missed it that much. Maybe the Rugby on BT, but not missed the drumming at football matches or watch the players rolling a huge gob around their mouths before launching it onto the pitch for others to fall on. More walking and reading and,unfortunately, more eating. How are you doing?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Fed up with journalists asking the same dumb questions every night and day and then expecting ministers being able to provide specific answers to specific scenarios and then almost getting abusive when they can't or slip up with their answer. And as far as I can see the bloody jounalists are the root cause of most of the confusion they keep spouting on about.

I'd rather they asked what they could do to help than constantly badger people who would never have dreamt they would be dealing with a crisis like this 6 months ago.

God knows what state we'd have been in if the other muppet had won the last election.

Fortunately we have open fields and woodland just over the back of our garden so can walk for miles everyday with the dogs and try not to eat too much when we get back. Oh, and have been out driving the cars starting yesterday for a change of scenery and to keep them ticking over.

I'd like this to be over as quickly as possible for everyones benefit but somehow think we're in the process of adjusting to a new normal and its not looking pretty.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

No change here on the work front busier than ever. Still working full time and not from home. Loads of walks and cycling with the other half. Just started golf under the new controls but disappointed we can't get to our place in the SW.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Macananon wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:28 pm No change here on the work front busier than ever. Still working full time and not from home. Loads of walks and cycling with the other half. Just started golf under the new controls but disappointed we can't get to our place in the SW.
Work? Oh yes, I remember that 8-) I'm retired but busy. Early in my career, a former boss of mine gave me some advice. He said ' Phil, don't come to me with problems and moans unless you have an answer to them'. All the muppets that are quizzing the Government should abide by that. Hindsight is a gift the journalists exploit but don't come forward with any solutions unlike Donald Trump :shock: I would like to ask Boris what measures has he in place for an Alien invasion or a plaque of Locusts just to emphasis the point that nobody can be that prescient as to prepare for every eventuality.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Yes, as I am retired and pre lockdown used to spend my time travelling around the country to bird watch and attending classical music concerts with the odd European trip. Life has substantially changed and fell the Chinese have pinched a year of mine. probably spend too much time watching and reading news and too little gardening.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
davewf

Post by davewf »

I too have given up on news, I watch the briefing but only the stats.

Problem is there are hundreds of "Experts" that the press dig up these people all speak with Authority but of course they have no Accountability, unlike the guys on SAGE. There will be wrong decisions taken but that is a consequence of a pandemic with a new virus that is behaving very aggressively.

I do believe our press would have left our troops at Dunkirk because it was all too hard to get them back.
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I rarely watch the TV and stopped watching the 5pm propaganda blurb weeks ago. Missed the sport in the early weeks but don’t anymore. Warm weather helps so go out walking a bit more. Still working full time from h9me and have been busy. Need the kids to go back to school

Unbelievably disappointed in the MSM for not applying some critical thinking and scrutiny to what the government are spouting and how easily the public are lapping it all up on furlough (postponed redundancy in a lot of cases).

On the plus side, I now have regular spirited drives in the cayman on largely deserted country roads. Now that does put a smile on my face
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Still working here....slightly busier than normal.

So no real change. Shopping can be a bit more stressful :shock:
RAA

Post by RAA »

Now in retirement, I play and teach the Scottish Highland pipes in the SE of England, my greatest passion since a child. However, all my wedding gigs have either been cancelled or postponed to next year; but I did get to play on Bank Holiday Friday 8th May for the 75th Anniversary of V.E. Day, in 5 different locations in Caterham, Whyteleafe and Chaldon in Surrey. That kept me on my toes (videos taken at each location can be seen on my Facebook page - "Bob Ash").

Whilst the 'lockdown' is still in force, I am restricted to teaching the pipes on-line (for teaching and learning purposes, we use a small practice chanter, not a full set of pipes !)

Being stuck at home for so long, has given me the opportunity to watch some of the hundreds and hundreds of films that I have recorded off the TV over the last few decades, onto DVD-, and now Blu-Ray recorders, and then copied onto discs, after cutting out the adverts. Not only films, but any programmes I find really interesting - science, cars, history, cars, astronomy, Top Gear since before Jeremy Clarkson, 5th Gear, How It's Made - Cars etc. !!! Would you believe, it's possible to get up to about 12 films, many in high-def, onto one recordable Blu-Ray disc ?

I'm also keen on videoing stuff (usually piping, test drives in a Macan and Cayenne, hostelling around the Scottish Highlands, my last two visits to Australia in 2013 and 2016 etc.) on my camcorder and up loading it to my channel on YouTube.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:06 pm I have. I no longer watch the News as there is no News other than this accursed Virus and they are so depressing. Talk about stating the obvious? The BBC in particular seem to want to trash anything the Government do. They had a Panorama programme on, which I didn't watch, but a mate of mine was telling me about it. They had 'medical professionals' on complaining about lack of PPE, which is a serious matter. It turns out they were all Labour/Momentum activists which the BBC failed to disclose which is against their charter. Also some person claiming that the Government had turned down her offer of PPE and she actually didn't have any to sell but was touting for orders. It's all rubbish. The country has been effectively closed for two months and people seem surprised that there's a recession looming. Is it just me or are they all thick. One thing I don't miss is David Shukman who for years has jetted around the World as the Environment Correspondent telling us it's wrong to be jetting around the World for fun but ok for him and a camera crew. If I sound grumpy it's because I am I guess.
Barely watch the box now apart from the occasional documentary and I think I'll cancel SKY Sports as I've not missed it that much. Maybe the Rugby on BT, but not missed the drumming at football matches or watch the players rolling a huge gob around their mouths before launching it onto the pitch for others to fall on. More walking and reading and,unfortunately, more eating. How are you doing?
+1. Stopped watching the News as it’s all the same ie what can we say today that is negative. Just watch the headlines to see what the broadcasters are running with that day then switch over as you already know what they will be saying. In an effort to chear myself up I picked up this little toy yesterday

793CB6CC-89E4-437C-9B6D-C41B280B53D8.png

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.