My Macan S impressions

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Pivot

Re: My Macan S impressions

Post by Pivot » Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pm

A month later... 2500mi on the clock... I am still delighted with the vehicle!
Macan S is not a match for 435i, but what a pleasure it is to ride! I took it for a 100mi ride today.
My interim conclusion is that on the main roads 435i is a better car, however, on secondary roads Macan S is far superior! The 18” wheels work exceptionally well on uneven roads with some potholes, I hardly bother to avoid them nowadays, just ride straight through, barely noticing them. What would be rather unpleasant experience, especially for the passenger, is a luxury ride through a countryside.
Eventually I will move to 20”, but for now I am enjoying what I have got.
The sport exhaust is such a cool feature, even my wife (who intensely dislike noise of any sort) occasionally grins when I put a foot down.
Macan S gen II, 435i Coupe, RnineT

martin5789

Re: My Macan S impressions

Post by martin5789 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Pivot wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pm
A month later... 2500mi on the clock... I am still delighted with the vehicle!
Macan S is not a match for 435i, but what a pleasure it is to ride! I took it for a 100mi ride today.
My interim conclusion is that on the main roads 435i is a better car, however, on secondary roads Macan S is far superior! The 18” wheels work exceptionally well on uneven roads with some potholes, I hardly bother to avoid them nowadays, just ride straight through, barely noticing them. What would be rather unpleasant experience, especially for the passenger, is a luxury ride through a countryside.
Eventually I will move to 20”, but for now I am enjoying what I have got.
The sport exhaust is such a cool feature, even my wife (who intensely dislike noise of any sort) occasionally grins when I put a foot down.
Glad you are loving your Macan. I really liked my 330d M sport wagon and would happily another one (petrol this time) if Macan didn't exist, however the ride of the Macan on PASM and 20s is sublime. Unless the next 3er has dramatically improved compliance I can't see us ever having another.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S

Return to “News & Reviews”