Porsche Cajun possible?

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MCDK wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:49 pm A smaller Porcshe saloon or hatch would be perfect for me. I prefer a “car” now to SUV having had several SUVs. If Porsche would build a smaller Panamera and include performance versions to rival say the M3 and electric versions, say a a smaller Taycan, to rival the Model 3 then I could see myself back in the brand as I still need something to carry teenage kids in the back so the Cayman or 911 are no good to me.
+1
Until then the Model 3 actually fits that bill perfectly. While they are at it, they may as well make a small SUV/hatch version to rival the Model Y and Polestar 2. I'm surprised there is still virtually no competition in this sector.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

When I said M3 rival I was of course referring to the BMW M3 with a nice engine not some appliance with an electric motor that falls apart.
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

MCDK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:24 pm When I said M3 rival I was of course referring to the BMW M3 with a nice engine not some appliance with an electric motor that falls apart.
:lol:
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Deleted User 1874

MCDK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:24 pm When I said M3 rival I was of course referring to the BMW M3 with a nice engine not some appliance with an electric motor that falls apart.
I know full well you meant that old dinosaur, which has zero interest for me. The G80 looks like it has some grotesque aftermarket bodykit. What a decade ago used to be a good looking car now looks like it had way too much plastic surgery. The "designer" exhaust sound is pure comedy too and I'm not prepared to look that much like a bell-end while pottering around town. So come on Porsche, just get on with building this electric Cajun chicken!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Or please Porsche build us a nice petrol engined Cajun with a lovely smooth sweet sounding engine and a burbling exhaust.
Deleted User 1874

MCDK wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:22 am Or please Porsche build us a nice petrol engined Cajun with a lovely smooth sweet sounding engine and a burbling exhaust.
Well I guess at least one of us is going to be disappointed.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I agree, a smaller version of the Panamera would be an excellent proposition. That's where Porsche are lacking in their model line-up.
Although, if all cars are electric, I wonder if the only differentiation will now be the interior quality and battery range. 🙉
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Deleted User 1874

Semerka wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:42 pm I agree, a smaller version of the Panamera would be an excellent proposition. That's where Porsche are lacking in their model line-up.
Although, if all cars are electric, I wonder if the only differentiation will now be the interior quality and battery range. 🙉
Well there’s still ride, handling, performance and exterior to compare. The main difference is that the average performance level should be much higher across the board. You do lose the character of individual engines, but that was dying anyway in the modern turbo era.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Once the engineers have perfected hydrogen power plants that are cost effective all other power plants will become redundant, until then I'll stick with Petrol.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I suspect that Porsche has designed a new smaller platform in anticipation of more compact (gen 3) batteries. Current battery pack is ideal for large cars or SUV as it is easier to hide it in a larger floor-pan.

For clarification, gen1 were lead-acid batteries. Gen2 are Lithium-Iron batteries. Gen3 will change the game and we all will land up riding electric, and keep our Porsche with a boxer motor in a stable, next to Jack the favourite horse, for the weekend entertainment.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4