Colour is ok, front is shocking now with all that black plastic 🤮
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:08 pm Colour is ok, front is shocking now with all that black plastic 🤮
thats why it looks better on the S. Does seem odd to me that the the S has painted bits and the GTS is just black plastic. Would have expected it to be the other way around.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 pm

nope. just, no.
I think that's a stunning car.
Do I have the cojones to own it?
No.
Deleted User 4436

hood69 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:28 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 pm

nope. just, no.
I think that's a stunning car.
Do I have the cojones to own it?
No.
Doesn’t do it for me. Interestingly if you watch the video for the S you can see this GTS in the background so I guess they filmed them all at the same time.
rnbarrett

Post by rnbarrett »

Between the lack of physical buttons, and that new front end, I’m glad I have a Gen II GTS. About the only thing I like about the new GTS is the new RS Spyder wheels in Satin Black.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Cancelled my gen 2 order for a gen 3
Both great cars
Was a little worried when it was first released but cars grow on me. Think the new one looks gorgeous in the videos, I like the front grill in Matt black
I think a lot of ppl are going to really like it when they see it in person and be surprised
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

rnbarrett wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:02 am Between the lack of physical buttons, and that new front end, I’m glad I have a Gen II GTS.
I like buttons too.

But judging by the new Cayenne I had on loan yesterday, the new Macan will in effect still have buttons on the central console. They will be haptic i.e. feel and act like buttons, with each one dedicated to one function. This is as opposed to touch screen controls, without any ‘feel’, where you might have to search through menus to find a function.

It looks sleek and modern and removed my concerns about physical buttons being removed from the Macan.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Only just noticed GTS has darker headlights compared to the S and base.
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:47 am Only just noticed GTS has darker headlights compared to the S and base.
There is a darker headlight option. Not sure if its standard on the GTS or just been optioned in that video. The base macan has LOADS of non-standard parts on it.
rnbarrett

Post by rnbarrett »

Makanik wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:11 am
rnbarrett wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:02 am Between the lack of physical buttons, and that new front end, I’m glad I have a Gen II GTS.
I like buttons too.

But judging by the new Cayenne I had on loan yesterday, the new Macan will in effect still have buttons on the central console. They will be haptic i.e. feel and act like buttons, with each one dedicated to one function. This is as opposed to touch screen controls, without any ‘feel’, where you might have to search through menus to find a function.

It looks sleek and modern and removed my concerns about physical buttons being removed from the Macan.
My wife drives a 2019 Cayenne S. The interface is not THAT bad, but, I find myself looking down at the "screen" of buttons a lot. I prefer the buttons in my Macan. I could easily live with either, but I prefer physical buttons. I actually like the interface of the last 2 generations of BMW 5-series, which is what I drove before moving to a Macan. Just the right blend of physical and touch screen interfaces (IMHO).