Do I need Air on 20 wheels for GTS?

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Actually, as much as i agree with the idea that your car is your car and you can spec it however the heck you want! I also can see the argument that the macan isn't specced as it should be as standard in a bid to make the "from only!" price being more competitive.

The Audi models come in a good £3-5k cheaper with many more options specced! And still look good! Or you could get a very well specced Tiguan instead! Albeit as porsche fans we want something with a bit more poke and some nice heritage. And lets face it, the buzz of owning a porsche is better than owning an Audi! (We're an Audi owner).

so the sad thing is, we should be expected to shove £5-8k more into the cars from standard, even at GTS and turbo level, before we get the car we thought we were going to get!

But we don't all need to spec air PASM, LED, PTV, SC, 18 way seats, 21" wheels, burmester audio, or any other top spec item when we can get the nice bang for buck options of PASM, Bi xenon, 14 way seats, 19-20" wheels, bose or standard audio, etc!

Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Completely agree Doug and Rab.

I simply cannot understand why anyone would buy a Porsche and not have it fitted with the extras that make its performance and handling the best it can be.

If they are not prepared to do this then its simply driving a badge, you are entering the footballers Wives territory, poseur special et al.

If you are not prepared to build a proper Porsche then why not save £20 grand and buy a Q3 or X1 or X3 or even heaven forbit an F Pace.  If a shopping trolley or kids run special is all you need then these will fit the bill perfectly.

This view point is a bit harsh. Not everyone is as lucky as you or I to own or be able to own a top spec Macan, yet those on a limited budget are probably just as passionate about the brand.

Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

"
I simply cannot understand why anyone would buy a Porsche and not have
it fitted with the extras that make its performance and handling the
best it can be."

Have you specced PTV and ceramic brakes then?
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

"
I simply cannot understand why anyone would buy a Porsche and not have
it fitted with the extras that make its performance and handling the
best it can be."

Have you specced PTV and ceramic brakes then?

I've actually seen 1 person on here spec PTV on their car! But never seen anyone put ceramic brakes on!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

There is at least one forum member with ceramic brakes.

And with the evolving nature of the Porsche brand, "performance and handling the best it can be" is not the sole reason that every person buys a Porsche, especially bearing in mind that most Porsches sold now are SUVs and not sports cars.

If it's performance and handling that are at the top of your Porsche list, you should probably be looking at something like a Cayman, maybe GT4.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Completely agree Doug and Rab.

I simply cannot understand why anyone would buy a Porsche and not have it fitted with the extras that make its performance and handling the best it can be.

If they are not prepared to do this then its simply driving a badge, you are entering the footballers Wives territory, poseur special et al.

If you are not prepared to build a proper Porsche then why not save £20 grand and buy a Q3 or X1 or X3 or even heaven forbit an F Pace. If a shopping trolley or kids run special is all you need then these will fit the bill perfectly.

Nothing wrong with just "driving a badge" and in no way equals to being a poseur/footballer's wife. If you have a budget that does NOT allow you to add all the options you want but allows to drive a basic macan that looks a lot better than a Q3, X3 or whatever, regardless of the use for it, good for you and no shame in it. Aesthetic big part of a car appeal.
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
VanB

Post by VanB »

Some people simply don't want all the go faster bells and whistles but appreciate a well designed, comfortable and, even in base form, dynamic car. Even the base car will perform better than is legally allowed and is probably a better drive than 90% of other brands on the road.

Sometimes comments can seem a bit "my willy is bigger than yours"!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nothing wrong with just "driving a badge" and in no way equals to being a poseur/footballer's wife. If you have a budget that does NOT allow you to add all the options you want but allows to drive a basic macan that looks a lot better than a Q3, X3 or whatever, regardless of the use for it, good for you and no shame in it. Aesthetic big part of a car appeal.

+1
Simon

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Some people simply don't want all the go faster bells and whistles but appreciate a well designed, comfortable and, even in base form, dynamic car.  Even the base car will perform better than is legally allowed and is probably a better drive than 90% of other brands on the road.

+1
Simon

EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Sometimes comments can seem a bit "my willy is bigger than yours"!

Like a babies arm holding an apple. Just ask my wife. LOLLOLLOL