Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 vs Porsche Macan S

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

The 12.3" screen in the new Panamera is able to be a little higher up, due to the central ventilation outlet having been moved down a bit...

Stop showing off LOL

It is all lovely though Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Great review Virage11..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Great review.

Why do so many manufacturers design the interiors with a stuck on iPad?

WingCo's Panny looks years ahead in interior design compared to the Merc.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

Agreed - why Merc started doing the tablets I do not know. Next gen should be better - following the S and now the E. This is the new E63 interior...
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

That is one seriously hideous interior! The analogue clock in the middle is hilarious too.
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

Agree that the AMG interior isn't as good as the Macan's. I really disliked the stuck-on iPad look, however the thing that I didn't understand was that the lower spec diesel models came with a good choice of interior colour options, yet the higher priced AMG version was only available in black with red stitching. OK for some, but not for my wife and I. You also had to spec a pano roof in order to get seat memory... odd.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016
happy days

Post by happy days »

The ipad on the dash just looks ridiculous. My brother has a merc and I give him no end of slagging over it.
Macan S D
718 S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

On that picture above the Ipad on the dash would be the least of my worries. The rest of the interior is ghastly.

But the ipad on dash is what partly put me off a new Audi (Even though it is well positioned whilst driving to view it).
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

One thing in the Mercs favour is the method of operating their version of the PCM.

The central lump with Merc equivalent of the Beamer iDrive.

Left hand stays put and rotates the dial and clicks the select to suit, far easier than on our Macans.

Damn, did I really compliment Mercedes?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pete

Post by Pete »

I also prefer the wheel-mounted gear selector on the MB, leaving the centre console for storage and smaller controls.

I guess a big chunky gear selector is a Porsche thing though, and I really don't understand how the uppy-downy manual selection mode is in any way better than flappy-paddles. I've found myself accidentally knocking into manual a few times when reaching for the hazard switch.

(with apologies for digressing)