Diesel - pressure grows

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Fuel of the devil. The sooner it is phased out the better
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

Sounds very suspect to me.
How can new cars produce so much more than commercial vehicles with
essentially the same engines? Ford Transits for example.
Selective protection of the transport sector at the expense of the private motorist more like...
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sounds very suspect to me.
How can new cars produce so much more than commercial vehicles with
essentially the same engines? Ford Transits for example.
Selective protection of the transport sector at the expense of the private motorist more like...

Its the way they are driven.

Ford Tranny = foot to the floor = maximum engine loading = optimal engine performance
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Presumably 'commercials' have to meet some sort of emissions target. Anybody know what they are for lorries (different sizes?) vans etc. ?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Most modern HGVs use a lot of Adblue, and not one drip a week that car are set to use. All diesel cars can pass the government tests because they have so many get outs, like not needing emisions reduction systems to work in cold weather, which is below 15 I think, so not working most time in the UK. I don't believe HGVs have the same get outs so run adblue all the time.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Paul

Post by Paul »

Look beyond the headline and today's nasty gas of the month is NO2 (remember when it was CO2 and we were all taxed into diesels.....?)
Anyway, AdBlue injection virtually eliminates NO2, it just so happens that big commercial lorries have had this for longer....
The bigger " health risk" is soot particles; reduced again by fitting dpf filters.....
Next week.....another report and another, newly discovered pollutant to tax
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Look beyond the headline and today's nasty gas of the month is NO2 (remember when it was CO2 and we were all taxed into diesels.....?)
Anyway, AdBlue injection virtually eliminates NO2, it just so happens that big commercial lorries have had this for longer....
The bigger " health risk" is soot particles; reduced again by fitting dpf filters.....

Poor old tax payer as usual .............
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

NO2 is now monitored and public info in Stockholm, coming to a city near you soon!
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Yes been a lot of rumblings about this .wont be surprised when the government ups the diesel tax for cars . My last car an American one had zero emissions at its mots but I had to pay the top band car tax . Just shafted we are . Already heard mentions of £600 a year tax for diesel cars is on the cards .