Diesel - pressure grows

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I was hoping they'd seen sense and applied it to the parking charges which are reportedly due to increase 50% from April for all diesel vehicles!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

John_M

Post by John_M »

It's on Sky News, called the T-charge (toxicity) £10 goes on top of the congestion charge. Starts October.

It is those that do not meet Euro 4 levels, so mainly anything over 10 years old- BBC news link
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It's on Sky News, called the T-charge (toxicity) £10 goes on top of the congestion charge. Starts October.

It is those that do not meet Euro 4 levels, so mainly anything over 10 years old- BBC news link

More sensible than normal.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The TFL proposals begin to look like a real attempt to tackle pollution in central London. It's being applied to all vehicles (with phased introduction for different types) not just private cars.

Mind you, if these proposals were adopted countrywide there would be a lot of vehicles driven off the roads.

Had to correct spelling, I was fazed by phased Angry

On-Track2017-02-18 11:34:39
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks like a car registered after 1st January 2008 will not be affected by the Emissions Surcharge...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So looking at what is and what is not going to be subject to the TFL T levy you can dust off the smoking 2 stroke engined motorcycle or scooter and stick two fingers up at TFL as you ride down the road into central London leaving thick smog in your wake.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I like the terminology - toxicity charge - makes it less socially acceptable!
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I presume the charge will grow and it will eventually creep to Euro 5 then 6. This is a more sensible way to do it than just ban diesels or some other group of vehicles.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I presume the charge will grow and it will eventually creep to Euro 5 then 6. This is a more sensible way to do it than just ban diesels or some other group of vehicles.

By which time those that can will all be driving e-missions or the equivalent and those that can't become the new underclass. But wait... what horrors might electric vehicles by then be guilty of?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
John_M

Post by John_M »

But wait... what horrors might electric vehicles by then be guilty of?

I believe lithium mining has quite a bad impact on the environmental