Cool boxes?

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Now Mike you are just being awkward LOL
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Now Mike you are just being awkward LOL

😲
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

...and you'd need to book the high carriage in the tunnel!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I have had a Mobicool AC/DC cool box for 5 years and it is very good. holds a lot more than the Porsche offering and is half the price. Having an AC/DC version is useful as I can take it into the hotel for overnight stops.

I have the same for trips down to France & it's great. We also use it when there for putting shopping in if leaving in the car whilst having lunch or when we're out for the day at the lake etc.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

...and you'd need to book the high carriage in the tunnel!

😂😂😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

I was going to keep this to myself but hear goes! I too have the Porsche bag but found it would only go down to 12 degrees- not much good for Australian beer.
So I've got a 15 litre fridge which will freeze to -18. The obvious problem was that the power shuts off after 30 minutes.
Porsche and Audi happily gave us a reasonable amount of space to the rear of the spare wheel which will just accommodate 3 x 15 ah Panasonic lead acid batteries and DC/DC isolator. So now I have a power outlet that will run the fridge for a day and half and not flatten the main battery. (and it can all be put back as it was if necessary.
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Now there's a typical Australian solution to a problem! Good to hear that you put so much effort into cooling beer in the car for others to drink while you sip lemonade! Wink
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
gintonic

Post by gintonic »

I have had a Mobicool AC/DC cool box for 5 years and it is very good. holds a lot more than the Porsche offering and is half the price. Having an AC/DC version is useful as I can take it into the hotel for overnight stops.

any particular model?

gintonic2017-03-06 19:36:39
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I was going to keep this to myself but hear goes! I too have the Porsche bag but found it would only go down to 12 degrees- not much good for Australian beer.
So I've got a 15 litre fridge which will freeze to -18. The obvious problem was that the power shuts off after 30 minutes.
Porsche and Audi happily gave us a reasonable amount of space to the rear of the spare wheel which will just accommodate 3 x 15 ah Panasonic lead acid batteries and DC/DC isolator. So now I have a power outlet that will run the fridge for a day and half and not flatten the main battery. (and it can all be put back as it was if necessary.

But how do you get the beer out when whooshing down the highway?
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
subaxtreme

Post by subaxtreme »

Long cable
Stephen
Cayenne S Diesel
Sold: Macan SD