EV Macan

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Yes, Col, the future is electric. The now isn't.

And that future where all cars on the road, except a few 30-year old classics, are all electric, is very far off.
And I doubt very much those cars will have a half-tonne of batteries in their floors.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

As EVs get more prolific and manufacturers strive to provide ever smaller and lighter battery packs I wonder how it will be before we see a Samsung/Apple type spontaneous combustion event.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As EVs get more prolific and manufacturers strive to provide ever smaller and lighter battery packs I wonder how it will be before we see a Samsung/Apple type spontaneous combustion event.

The likes of Tesla currently use Lithium Ion batteries which are far safer than the LiPo cells which are the one that have a tendency to get rather hot, by hot I mean on fire.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags