EV Macan

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Start again. 🙄

Another indication that it's on its way. There's also a word of caution about the dangers of over-expansion versus exclusivity.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20170308/ANE/170309789/porsche-mulls-macan-ev-911-hybrid-amid-vws-zero-emissions-drive
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

More on this...

Porsche Mission E to spawn range of electric models - Autocar
https://apple.news/AmpNRq4xNTz6Le7fjlkLtoQ
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
LLL

Post by LLL »

Thanks for posting.

Must really be a challenge being Oliver Blume right now. On one hand he is talking about Level 4 autonomy and full electric cars with no sound and on the other hand speaking about engine development, driver involvement and tuned Sport exhausts.

Without Tesla pushing the market I can promise that the Mission-E wouldn't even exist today in concept form. One can really read between the lines that they urge to push this out asap to not miss the train. Some might think this is a bad thing.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

One can really read between the lines that they urge to push this out asap to not miss the train. Some might think this is a bad thing.

That is something that the historians will decide.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I still think 'Wow' every time I see this...

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Without Tesla pushing the market I can promise that the Mission-E wouldn't even exist today in concept form. One can really read between the lines that they urge to push this out asap to not miss the train. Some might think this is a bad thing.

Certainly a catalyst, although many manufacturers were researching electric drivetrains and even autonomy, before Tesla Motors was even incorporated. So would Tesla exist if Volvo hadn't been doing their work? I guess you can pick your own bits of history to tell your story.

Regardless, I hope Tesla stay in the motorcar business and not give up once the establishment has eroded their niche. But it wouldn't be too unwise to bet (i.e. invest) in a future where Tesla just makes battery farms and gets involved in the next Big Things.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
LLL

Post by LLL »

Certainly a catalyst, although many manufacturers were researching electric drivetrains and even autonomy, before Tesla Motors was even incorporated. So would Tesla exist if Volvo hadn't been doing their work? I guess you can pick your own bits of history to tell your story.

Regardless, I hope Tesla stay in the motorcar business and not give up once the establishment has eroded their niche. But it wouldn't be too unwise to bet (i.e. invest) in a future where Tesla just makes battery farms and gets involved in the next Big Things.

Agree. Competition is a good thing for us customers. That will drive development.

The thing about Tesla that I find a bit specific and funny is that many of the traditional car manufacturers have been bashing Tesla for all sorts of reasons. But now when Tesla have proven a lot of things with their cars and actually deliver and have showed that there is a huge customer demand, the traditional manufacturers have changed their agenda quite dramatically just the last year or two.

I don't care about Tesla specifically to be honest. I will probably get a car from another brand in 4-5 years. What I'm totally sold on however is the electric drivetrain and right now there is NO alternative to Tesla because they're clearly the leaders. i'm really looking forward to what the Mission E has on offer. Just think it is sad that it will take so long time before it is reality and I'm also a bit skeptic how they should solve the infrastructure with charging. Think it for Porsche will be difficult to get close to the Tesla Supercharger network in 2020. But time will tell.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Destination charging 2017

OK, this is a cropped image and all the bays to the right were free, but all the ones to the left had another truck across them.

I was there for about 40 mins and the trucks were still there when I left.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

This weeks edition of Autocar has an image of an all electric Bentley on the cover.

Many other all electric models under development are also included in the issue.

You can see Musk's ethos, solar power and battery farms for each dwelling that provide the power for the house and also recharges the car in the car port.

The future is bright the future is in electric generation and distribution in locations where solar power is not as efficient as in Southern California.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus.."

Sometimes I can't park outside my house for a week or more!