A new kid on the block?

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wouldn't touch a Renault of any sort but it does look remarkably similar to the Macan in shape and probably dimensions. French? Non!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Apart from the circular headlights I do wonder if Porsche will be looking very carefully at copyright infringement. The overall design seems very similar to a Macan.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Have never had a French car and will never have one. Made from tin foil with electrics by Playmobil.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Seems to be no real indication of size in the details so far, other than an intimation that it will be relatively light, which I guess could also mean smaller. No inside views, but a transverse 4cyl engine ought to give better packaging, so maybe same space as Macan in a more compact body? Unlikely to have PDK equivalent I would have thought - a significant minus.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whilst it maybe French they have the only manufacturer whose cars I have had that have not had a single fault.

About 6 Peugeot 40 whatever's as works cars, zero faults and zero issues.

One bought new Peugeot 206 GTi, zero faults zero issues and the best air conditioning system in any car I have ever driven. Set at 19 degrees and never ever had to change it in two years of ownership, it just worked unlike the Jag, the Audi and two Macans all of whom required fiddling with the controls to get them to cool in hot weather.

Probably the Renault will be Q3 sized outside but with more internal room than a Macan, still would not be interested in one though.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

johnd wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 pm Unlikely to have PDK equivalent I would have thought - a significant minus.
...although Renault do have a well-thought of double clutch "auto" box of their own which might put in a appearance.
Last edited by Paul on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I've only owned one Renault, a Laguna, and like Colin, did not have a single issue bar the sunroof late in life.

It strikes me that Renault are maybe looking to create a two tier system like Toyota/Lexus and others using the Alpine name as the upper market wing. I've always liked the 110 and if they can carry it's DNA then it may work.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

There was a show on BBC2 last night with Paul Hollywood about cars in France. Some interesting views on how the French think about cars, and the general lack of French sports cars over the years. On previous nights this week, he has done Italy and Germany. Available on iPlayer. :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:27 pm There was a show on BBC2 last night with Paul Hollywood about cars in France. Some interesting views on how the French think about cars, and the general lack of French sports cars over the years. On previous nights this week, he has done Italy and Germany. Available on iPlayer. :ugeek:
True re the French sports cars with only Alpine and Ligier - and I don't know if Ligier ever produced their own cars. Ditto Gordini - are they still around?

The rest re the French not buying anything other than little Reggie runabouts is total bullocks! From my brief experience a few weeks ago there appeared to be plenty of Beemers, Jags, Mercs and Macans etc. I also thought he was a bit short on Porsche when in Germany - especially as they hold the Ring record! He spent more time in Italy talking about 3-wheeled laundry vans! :evil:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:27 pm There was a show on BBC2 last night with Paul Hollywood about cars in France. Some interesting views on how the French think about cars, and the general lack of French sports cars over the years. On previous nights this week, he has done Italy and Germany. Available on iPlayer. :ugeek:
True re the French sports cars with only Alpine and Ligier - and I don't know if Ligier ever produced their own cars. Ditto Gordini - are they still around?

The rest re the French not buying anything other than little Reggie runabouts is total bullocks! From my brief experience a few weeks ago there appeared to be plenty of Beemers, Jags, Mercs and Macans etc. I also thought he was a bit short on Porsche when in Germany - especially as they hold the Ring record! He spent more time in Italy talking about 3-wheeled laundry vans! :evil:
Haven't seen the Italian one yet. Agree that he could have spent longer on Porsche, including his several hours in a 911R. Seem to be a lot of sweeping generalisations in the shows. Not my favourite presenter. Would love to see Henry Catchpole doing something similar...

Hollywood drove a nice Alpine sports car in last night's French show. Ah yes, I seem to recall a Renault (5?) Gordini... :ugeek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018