Audi e-Tron Quattro

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
goron59

Post by goron59 »

happy days wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:29 pm The big issue for me is still how the government will tax EVs. They simply cannot afford to lose fossil fuel tax revenue. When they start to screw EV drivers, it will get interesting.
For domestic charging, I can imagine tariffs being set up that hit you hard above, say, 15,000kWh per year. The focus would be on electricity usage generally and away from cars.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

I can picture punch-ups over charging points and as more an more EV's hit the road it is bound to get worse :shock:

Retirees should have no problems if they can recharge their cars at home as the need to use a public charging point will hardly ever occur.

At the moment I would choose the I-Pace, for size, performance and styling. Being built by Magna Steyr in Graz should avoid Jaguar QC shortcomings. I understand Magna Steyr Aston Martin Rapides, built in Graz from 2008 to 2011, had a better finish than later Gaydon cars.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Pete

Post by Pete »

I can just imagine people in the far east inventing Y connectors for people to charge two cars with one cable. I can also imagine the ensuing fires/electrical shocks.

Enough mobile phones are burned up from people using fake/cheap charging cables - ramp that up to cars...
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Mistertoad wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:14 pm I can picture punch-ups over charging points and as more an more EV's hit the road it is bound to get worse :shock:

Retirees should have no problems if they can recharge their cars at home as the need to use a public charging point will hardly ever occur.

At the moment I would choose the I-Pace, for size, performance and styling. Being built by Magna Steyr in Graz should avoid Jaguar QC shortcomings. I understand Magna Steyr Aston Martin Rapides, built in Graz from 2008 to 2011, had a better finish than later Gaydon cars.
Quite. Stuff built in Britain is done mostly on the belief that Britain is great and still has an Empire. Other countries use solid engineering and QC.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
happy days

Post by happy days »

Apart from the Yanks.
Macan S D
718 S