Shock, horror! What Car? places Macan Turbo PP behind SQ5 and Velar!

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Well I never. Rates it as a good drivers car but after that.......
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris

Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

As with all these things, its about what you want from a car...

When the Velar was first announced I thought it would be ideal for me, then I saw the pics, the interior touchscreens and the prices and I knew it wasnt!

I then ordered a Macan GTS but had a few nagging doubts - the boot space, the back seat space, the image, and the fact a facelift was due - so cancelled.

The SQ5 was never on my radar but then I saw one at Camberley Audi, thought about what I really wanted from a car and realised it was just what I was looking for.

I dont believe that for many people it is better than the Macan or the Velar - but I wasnt buying it for many people, just me! What Car's result is very specific to a few people's priorities...

But today I am going to bask in my decision!
Retired

Post by Retired »

Isleaiw wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm
As with all these things, its about what you want from a car...

Exactly so.

It's probably useful to potential buyers to rate the different characteristics of the car; fuel economy, performance, ride and handling, luggage space and so on.

What isn't useful is to then to select the best car.

The prospective buyer will, hopefully know what his / her requirements and priorities are and will form own opinion about which is the 'best' car.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

“What Car's result is very specific to a few people's priorities...”

Very true. I was surprised that they weren’t really comparing cars with similar levels of performance too. I would have thought a better comparison against the SQ5 would have been a petrol S or a GTS.......
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I shall cancel my Macan Turbo PP order :) :) :)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Isleaiw wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm
I then ordered a Macan GTS but had a few nagging doubts - the boot space, the back seat space, the image, and the fact a facelift was due - so cancelled
Same here except my wife stopped me from ordering! Seriously though, lack of interior space was a show stopper for us. But for those who can get by with the limited space then it’s a great driver’s choice and still a lot more practical than a sports car. But not surprising that it would suffer in any objective review that wasn’t heavily biased toward driving dynamics. I would have thought that the Velar is at the other end of the spectrum.