Just in case you thought that Jeremy Clarkson had any credibility as a reviewer of cars...

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

From what iv read he thinks Porsche cars , are lazy by design. You
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

It's one thing to have a distaste for red but it's another to describe the looks and design the way he does! Notwithstanding his hatred of all things Porsche, for anyone with his truly appalling sense of personal style to pass such a judgement on design is like saying that Leonardo couldn't draw!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

He just likes annoying people - and is rather good at it :D :D :D
Retired

Post by Retired »

As Goron said hyperbole. Don't take it so seriously, it's not meant to be.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:52 pm I actually quite like Jeremy Clarkson but I think he hates Porsche for some reason. :? :? :?
Probably because the Hampster is such a big fan! :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 pm
ScotMac wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:52 pm I actually quite like Jeremy Clarkson but I think he hates Porsche for some reason. :? :? :?
I think that could be the main reason.

Perhaps Porsche does not like Clarkson (because he can be such a prat at reviewing cars) and are not so keen on lending him cars.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:53 pm
SAC1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 pm
I think that could be the main reason.

Perhaps Porsche does not like Clarkson (because he can be such a prat at reviewing cars) and are not so keen on lending him cars.
And that, there, is why you can never trust a journalist's review. No, not that you think he's a prat, but that premium carmakers only give cars to people they trust to give a good review.

Eg Monkey never got to review a Ferrari, until he bought a 599 and said nice things about it. He was even banned from Lamborghini press events because he slagged off Lambo drivers.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

ScotMac wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:28 pm He just likes annoying people - and is rather good at it :D :D :D
Clearly! I normally quite like his tongue-in-cheek views. Perhaps the clock changing has left me a bit tetchy.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Thamaturge

Post by Thamaturge »

Not sure that any one with seriously anachronistic views about non-caucasians and who seems to incapable of operating anything more complicated than toaster should be taken seriously. His writing was not bad thirty years ago but today its tired and full of recycled parts. I've owned one or two cars that he has 'dissed' in his reviews and found them to be good and kept them for several years and owned one or two that he's praised and sold them within a year because I did not rate them so I'm not convinced his reviews are that interesting or relevant. He dislikes Porsche because its Porsche. Not sure we should be praising someone with his recent track record.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mistertoad wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:43 pm That will not make Wingco happy :shock:

Clarkson - always thought of him as an imbecile! ;) :lol:

Now, I am sure that he is! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018