Q5 loaner

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

With Kitty now in hands of Dick Lovett Spraymasters courtesy of Accident Exchange I'm now the temporary keeper of a Q5 S-Line with full leather seats...

Drove back from Swindon yesterday and apart from the fact that it moves quite quickly it's a bit of a shock after 18+ months of Macaning. My principle impression is, apart from the relative lack of quality inside, that the seats are nowhere even close to my 18-ways. They remind me totally of why we tired of our TT and were not motivated to go with Audi again: they're just so firm - to the point of hard. And the extreme firmness of the ride. Put the two together and it's all fairly harsh.

Mrs D is not going to be pleased and will be praying for Kitty to be back in action asap. Maybe I'll warm to it a little given time but right now I'm reminded of the current postings on why we spend so much of our hard-earned money on a Porsche and it's options.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I hope that Kitty is soon fixed, Mike, so that you and Mrs D may return to Porsche luxury/quality! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

Dandock wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 pm With Kitty now in hands of Dick Lovett Spraymasters courtesy of Accident Exchange I'm now the temporary keeper of a Q5 S-Line with full leather seats...

Drove back from Swindon yesterday and apart from the fact that it moves quite quickly it's a bit of a shock after 18+ months of Macaning. My principle impression is, apart from the relative lack of quality inside, that the seats are nowhere even close to my 18-ways. They remind me totally of why we tired of our TT and were not motivated to go with Audi again: they're just so firm - to the point of hard. And the extreme firmness of the ride. Put the two together and it's all fairly harsh.

Mrs D is not going to be pleased and will be praying for Kitty to be back in action asap. Maybe I'll warm to it a little given time but right now I'm reminded of the current postings on why we spend so much of our hard-earned money on a Porsche and it's options.
Doesn’t sound that bad I’m getting a Nissan Juke as a loaner :D
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Spud wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 pm With Kitty now in hands of Dick Lovett Spraymasters courtesy of Accident Exchange I'm now the temporary keeper of a Q5 S-Line with full leather seats...

They are taking the pi55 with you
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Spud

Post by Spud »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:37 pm

They are taking the pi55 with you
Can’t be as bad as the Landcruiser I had when Macan No 1 went in, to be honest I’m not to bothered as long as it gets me from A to B, it will make me appreciate my Macan when it returns ☹️
GTS Delivered April 2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

To be fair, 95% of motorists would be pretty happy with an Audi Q5 as a courtesy car! When my 911 was with Dick Lovett Spraymaster, I got a basic Mini as a loaner! :roll:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Spud

Post by Spud »

My repair is not through the OPC but with a Porsche approved repair centre so I can’t complain really, whenever my cars been in the OPC I’ve had 911or Boxsters
GTS Delivered April 2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

Ran a new Q5 S Line Plus few years ago ,although not in the Porsche Macan league it was really good,couldn’t fault the interior build quality,held its value well and it was £35k less than the Macan GTS I’m presently running.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Have to say i came to my SQ5 from a Volvo XC70 and dont find the seats too hard or the ride harsh - on 21s without air.

Managed 4.5 hours from south coast to Liverpool and got out fresh and comfortable. Guess we all have different tastes...
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I had a few Q5's SQ5's and very nice and good build quality. They were the higher end models and options though.

They are not Macan standard but the price isnt either. Still an good SUV imo.

What i have not done is driven one since the Macan... :o
GTS 😀