The future is green

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Is it only me doesn’t understand how this turned to Water Rates and public toilets in Penang?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

Col M

Post by Col M »

Tom 2000 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 am Is it only me doesn’t understand how this turned to Water Rates and public toilets in Penang?
I assumed it had something to do with battery manufacture and charging? 😕
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I actually started the thread to draw attention to the uptake of hybrid Panameras albeit appears to be led from the Scandi nations and mirrors the popularity of Tesla in those markets. Whether this is down to incentives, governmental preparation, high fuel prices or a particular Nordic awareness or a mixture of all I know not. Perhaps Luke can help in that respect.

Whatever... My point was to illustrate the fact that Porsche owners and drivers of a certain genre of car are more than ready to embrace what's coming down the road.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Tom2000 see Scotmacs post on saving water in toilets that's the reason THE FUTURE IS GREEN post
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I see that now. Why is that useful In Scotland?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Please ask Scotmac TOM2000 I have not the slightest idea of why flushing a toilet only once a day unless you have to collect water for that purpose from a river or stream with a bucket either a one or two bucket.His post said only flushing a toilet once a day that's why I posted we have more water
than we can ever use in Scotland Hope this clarifies why I replied to Scotmacs Post. Apologies if my post created confusion I tried to highlight the comparison the effect of only flushing once compared to experience of toilets abroad. I promise NO MORE TOILET POSTS. Let us get back to the original post by Dandock about Hybrid Cars much more productive and interesting. Thank you
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

That’s my mind at ease now.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
macview19

Post by macview19 »

Tom2000 even I could not comprehend why it would be useful in Scotland.Thanks for your reply HAVE A GREAT XMAS with all Best WIshes
Macview19
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm I actually started the thread to draw attention to the uptake of hybrid Panameras albeit appears to be led from the Scandi nations and mirrors the popularity of Tesla in those markets. Whether this is down to incentives, governmental preparation, high fuel prices or a particular Nordic awareness or a mixture of all I know not. Perhaps Luke can help in that respect.

Whatever... My point was to illustrate the fact that Porsche owners and drivers of a certain genre of car are more than ready to embrace what's coming down the road.
They (Scandanavians) just seem to be more environmentally aware than your average Brit. Also appears to be the case on a government level with green incentives etc. Norway in particular seems to have gone big on BEVs in recent years.

Having been in North America for the last 3 weeks, they have a very long way to go! Did see two Teslas among the supersized trucks while up in the mountains though, LOL.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 am
Dandock wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm I actually started the thread to draw attention to the uptake of hybrid Panameras albeit appears to be led from the Scandi nations and mirrors the popularity of Tesla in those markets. Whether this is down to incentives, governmental preparation, high fuel prices or a particular Nordic awareness or a mixture of all I know not. Perhaps Luke can help in that respect.

They (Scandanavians) just seem to be more environmentally aware than your average Brit. Also appears to be the case on a government level with green incentives etc. Norway in particular seems to have gone big on BEVs in recent years.

Having been in North America for the last 3 weeks, they have a very long way to go! Did see two Teslas among the supersized trucks while up in the mountains though, LOL.
It’s so big and mostly so tasteless that it doesn’t surprise me. All tax efficient pick-ups!

When we were last in New England 18 months ago we only saw maybe 2-3 Porsches. And probably see more Teslas in Gloucestershire than we saw in Boston.

As kasfranks detailed last week Norway’s incentives are massive and broad - but their government, thanks to prudent asset management, can afford to buy their greeness.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀