Macan on the Grand Tour

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Well the Macan did OK apart from the 4WD packing up early, the Stelvio is clearly quick but I couldn't face the certain depreciation or the potentially fragile build quality and the Velar looked like a hearse but was actually pretty good until the electronics started to pack up . Of the other 2 cars on the show the Tesla was astonishing but not £156K astonishing plus I hate that central screen and the Raptor was the best out of the lot, capable, ruggedly good looking and cheap as chips, shame we can't buy one over here.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

No need to watch the show now! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Good show. Some decent laughs in there.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Hamsters idea of off road mode, interesting, no wonder he had the result he did.

The way they had someone lap in an Beamer M then they themselves did a lap in each of their own choises was again interesting.

Even more interesting the Tesla X and the drag against an Audi R8 thingy, outcome as expected, or was it?

S2 mch better than S1, all they need do is drop the celeb thing completely, after the first two mine get wound on.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

The Turbo PP on summer (I suppose) 21's was always going to struggle, Carmine looked a bit pink on my telly. Best of the 3 though.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Haha!

I found this 2nd series quite entertaining. Did not like the first one at all, that was very cringeworthy.
I watched two episodes at 16x. That conversation street thing is worse than getting a bunch of YouTubers in a room talking about the colours of the wraps they're going to choose.

What was the verdict on the Macan? Let me guess - they declared their hatred of SUVs at the outset, Clarkson made a 'Coxster' reference, they alluded to it being gay and then tried to blow it up or have it tow something like a fridge round a track before making a war reference and saying that they couldn't let the Germans win etc...
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

alxgb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:50 am
Haha!

I found this 2nd series quite entertaining. Did not like the first one at all, that was very cringeworthy.
I watched two episodes at 16x. That conversation street thing is worse than getting a bunch of YouTubers in a room talking about the colours of the wraps they're going to choose.

What was the verdict on the Macan? Let me guess - they declared their hatred of SUVs at the outset, Clarkson made a 'Coxster' reference, they alluded to it being gay and then tried to blow it up or have it tow something like a fridge round a track before making a war reference and saying that they couldn't let the Germans win etc...
Yep, that was pretty well it.

Not good TV if the three stooges were dull boring and uncontroversal in their attitudes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 am
alxgb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:50 am
Yep, that was pretty well it.

Not good TV if the three stooges were dull boring and uncontroversal in their attitudes.
Being controversial for the sake of controversial is just tiring and it's not good TV, it just lacks imagination and creativity.

It's a sad indictment that there is better content on YouTube with nothing near the production budget that they get to squander.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A generally poor episode. Didn't do any favours generally to SUVs as anticipated. Overall series 2 has been better than series 1 though.

it will be interesting to see how Top Gear pans out when it returns soon.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I quite enjoyed the episode to be honest. Some of you guys seems to take it much too seriously!