Diesel GONE!

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:11 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:04 pm
GaryH wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:15 pm +1 extended warranty , MOT and major service for me in May. Then keep my SD until the new GTS gen2 Macan is available mid next year
My 1st MOT also due in May. might ask them to do the 111point check at same time if warranty costs is reasonable. Anyone know what the 2 year warranty cost is . Not bothered about Porsche Assistance as not been impressed in the past.
2 year extension without porsche Assist is £1400
With Assist it’s £1715 from memory
Thanks. Might see what I can get the 111 point check done for if I buy the 2 year warranty. I believe that in the USA you get a 5 year warranty as standard.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

If you ask them to do the 111 point check at the MOT it may not cost you the additional £216. 😉

I am aware of others that have managed this.
I did my warranty within the 1st 12 months so no check required.
I think it’s actually a very reasonable cost for the warranty which is also transferable.
GTS 😀
Taz

Post by Taz »

Carthrottle.com has just run an article that says .......
Porsche has completely dropped diesel engines from all of its ranges, in a dramatic move based on the paradigm shift in consumer attitudes towards hybrids.

The Stuttgart performance merchant has taken the huge step to remove the diesel Panamera and Macan from production altogether. The all-new Cayenne won’t now be offered with a diesel, and the move affects all of Porsche’s global markets. Any brand new diesels you see for sale will be from existing dealer stock.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I think this has been coming down the road for a few months. They certainly recognised the ‘shift’ last year when the decision must have been made to start ramping up the production of E models from the originally estimate volumes.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Interesting that BMW has just launched their new X4 with a choice of 2.0 or 3.0 diesel engines.
No other manufacturer, including all the other German brands, has dropped diesel from their range.

Bentley has recently introduced the diesel engined version of the Bentayga.

Can only hope that Porsche has something to offer the high mileage SUV driver in the near future or they will be losing a lot of business. SUVs have been the backbone of their range in recent years.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

Saw my SE yesterday to hand over retention certificate and he said they have heard nothing from Porsche about the diesel engine removal but that they were definitely expecting hybrid versions to come with the facelift Macan. I note that he said versions in the plural so that could be interesting.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

From what I understand the Bentayga is hitting emissions targets... as is the 530d Bmw.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Afternoon,

There seem to be some German legal court cases pending regarding the green lobby and can the cities continue to pump out diesel motors

If the German transport ministry KBA pulled the approval for the Macan SD, seem Porsche would have to buy back all the European SD's.

Having met Americans who had the forced re-purchase route they loved it full refuns x years later!

Best thing for us might be a class action with cars repurchased at cost

However, the sd is a dream to drive it can pull a trailer and I don't want a 3 litre petrol.

lets see
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I would take the full refund route, if offered? Only bought 4 months ago and was 'steered' towards the new showroom floor SD, away from the used GTS (£4K more expensive) on the basis that it would lose less money? I think I had my "I'm a Mug" hat on, that day!
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

That definitely seems like very questionable advice. However, whilst they’ve been very strong, I’ve definitely observed GTS residuals softening a bit lately. Whilst the whole diesel situation is a bit alarming, I personally think that the residuals will hold up ok. I’ve seen no less interest in dealers (OPCs and independents) wanting to buy my car and I actually got a £2k increase in the offer this week from one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.