Diesel GONE!

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I wonder if VAG will be pulling the plug on the Bentley Bentayga diesel too?

"For traditionalists upset by Bentley bringing out an SUV, the idea of it being powered by a diesel engine is a bitter pill to swallow, but not only does the V8 diesel turn out to be fantastically capable, it also suits the character of the Bentayga more than the W12. It’s a 4.0-litre powerhouse with two turbochargers and an electric supercharger, and its 429bhp is enough for a 0-62mph sprint of just 4.8 seconds. Allied to a 168mph top speed, that makes the Bentayga the world’s fastest diesel SUV."

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/bentl ... newsletter
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

From Carbuzz...

More than likely, Porsche has decided it was not worth re-engineering those vehicles’ diesels so they would conform to the new Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure standards. Combined with decreased customer demand, the business case was clear. Diesel is something Porsche can definitely live without, considering diesel sales consisted of only 15 percent of Porsche’s total global sales last year. Porsche also never developed its own unique diesels, but instead relied upon its parent company to supply them. In fact, Porsche reportedly wanted Audi to fork over some $234 million in damages for costs related to diesel engines and the associated recalls.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
steve w

Post by steve w »

Called in to Sheffield OPC today basically just for a look round ,the sales executive confirmed that Porsche has totally finished with Diesel engined Vehicles,a couple were just talking delivery of a new SD whilst we were there,asked about the new 911/992 and was told that they would be launched October this year with first deliveries spring next year,he hinted that there could be some attractive deals on the present 911/991,
Am I tempted not sure yet depends on what my 3000 mile mint well specced up GTS is worth in p/x.
SteveW
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Visited the OPC today and my SE said that the whole diesel saga was a bit of an embarrassment for Porsche.

I for one would not be holding my breath for any new diesel Porsches to appear...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

AS TGEY SAY WHEN ITS GONE ITS GONE.
STEVEW
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I think it’s quite clear that they are no more.

The piece from Carbuzz plus their commitment to E vehicles I think makes that very plain.

I think if we also factor in China, their biggest market, and Chinas very proactive stance to E vehicles then it seems clearer than ever.

SD owners may well be sat in an appreciating asset. Well an asset that’s not depreciating quite as quickly.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You're probably right, Mike.

I was thinking of the various comments from Porsche that effectively leave the door open for the return of diesel, possibly in the new Cayenne down the road a little...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

steve w wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:07 pm Called in to Sheffield OPC today basically just for a look round ,the sales executive confirmed that Porsche has totally finished with Diesel engined Vehicles,a couple were just talking delivery of a new SD whilst we were there,asked about the new 911/992 and was told that they would be launched October this year with first deliveries spring next year,he hinted that there could be some attractive deals on the present 911/991,
Am I tempted not sure yet depends on what my 3000 mile mint well specced up GTS is worth in p/x.
SteveW
If you succomb to temptation Steve my son loves his new GT Silver 991.2 C2. He reckons his best options are the manual gearbox and the sports exhaust.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

My SE told me today that they have had to incinerate all the panamera and Macan brochures. They can’t recycle them as it is against Porsche policy in case someone gets hold of one and quotes dates and specs of the now defunct cars. More emissions into the atmosphere :roll:
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 pm You're probably right, Mike.

I was thinking of the various comments from Porsche that effectively leave the door open for the return of diesel, possibly in the new Cayenne down the road a little...
I think Porsche could be waiting to see how the dust settles before making a decision on any diesel Cayenne. I also believe Audi won’t be too enamoured with Porsche. Imagine developing a cross platform engine only for the other half to get cold feet. As Harry Hill might say “ There’s only one way to find out........Fight!”
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):