Geneva announcements

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
VanB

Post by VanB »

Presume winter wheels/tyres for the GTS need centre locks and can't find them on the Porsche website. I'm thinking it will be ££££££!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

VanB wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 am Presume winter wheels/tyres for the GTS need centre locks and can't find them on the Porsche website. I'm thinking it will be ££££££!
Here they are VanB:

http://content2.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... ac=product

Only £5424!

They're the only ones I can find on the Porsche site for centre lock wheels. Not mad about the design though.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:28 am
VanB wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 am Presume winter wheels/tyres for the GTS need centre locks and can't find them on the Porsche website. I'm thinking it will be ££££££!
Here they are VanB:

http://content2.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... ac=product

Only £5424!

They're the only ones I can find on the Porsche site for centre lock wheels. Not mad about the design though.
Thanks Nick - might be a case of keeping the wheels and changing the tyres. Those rims would look hideous on the GTS
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Agreed. But swapping tyres would be a pain. Maybe those rims would look OK painted? I'm not keen on after market rims, particularly on a car like this under warranty.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Agree with that, Nick. IIRC they charge about £400 to paint a set of rims
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ You could get a fairly decent second car with full winters, tax and insurance for far less than £5424!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

When I bought my 911 from Porsche Silverstone a few years ago, they offered a full winter wheel/tyre set for a discounted price of £1500 (I think full retail was about £2400) with free storage and wheel swaps. Worked very well and no hassle to me. Certainly made the car a much better all year round daily drive.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:57 am Just watched Porsche’s unveiling’s at Geneva via FB. No Macan! Just the GT3 RS, more on Mission E and a Mission E / Macan amalgam concept called the Cross Tourismo. Apart from an excess of black bits in the crossover tradition (wheel arches, gutters etc) - which I’m sure will be watered down if it makes production- it looked great. It looked very much like a merged Mission E / Panny Tourismo with Macan overtones and had the full width rear light. If that’s coming to the new Macan as it was seen here then it looks great The CEO was very positive and it fits well with the long rumoured Macan Fastback or whatever it’s been called. No commitment or dates mentioned - simply that they’d be measuring consumer reaction during the show.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/product ... 14935.html
Looks like they are starting to focus more on their electric cars. I was talking to our local OPC sales manager last week and he was very positive about Mission E and said they had a lot of interest already from customers. He mentioned that all OPCs will have rapid chargers available on site too. So you could pop in to charge, have a coffee and perhaps be tempted by another 911 or Cayman in the showroom!

Still, they need to get a Cayenne sized SUV electrified before I'm going to be considering another Porsche. That still looks like 5 years or more away at this point.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

VanB wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 pm Believe all sanctioned OPCs do this if you buy your winter set from them
Yep, that's what mine do. Some independents also offer the service but for peace of mind, I'd think the OPC would be your best bet as the tyres need to be stored properly, not just slung in a warehouse and revisited in 8 months.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:16 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:57 am Just watched Porsche’s unveiling’s at Geneva via FB. No Macan! Just the GT3 RS, more on Mission E and a Mission E / Macan amalgam concept called the Cross Tourismo. Apart from an excess of black bits in the crossover tradition (wheel arches, gutters etc) - which I’m sure will be watered down if it makes production- it looked great. It looked very much like a merged Mission E / Panny Tourismo with Macan overtones and had the full width rear light. If that’s coming to the new Macan as it was seen here then it looks great The CEO was very positive and it fits well with the long rumoured Macan Fastback or whatever it’s been called. No commitment or dates mentioned - simply that they’d be measuring consumer reaction during the show.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/product ... 14935.html
Looks like they are starting to focus more on their electric cars. I was talking to our local OPC sales manager last week and he was very positive about Mission E and said they had a lot of interest already from customers. He mentioned that all OPCs will have rapid chargers available on site too. So you could pop in to charge, have a coffee and perhaps be tempted by another 911 or Cayman in the showroom!

Still, they need to get a Cayenne sized SUV electrified before I'm going to be considering another Porsche. That still looks like 5 years or more away at this point.
Indeed, and with the next gen 911 already prepped for E power, definitely so.

The E Cross looks a mite smaller than the Panny so that aspect would actually appeal fit for us.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀