Audi e-Tron Concept & Taycan

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
VanB

Post by VanB »

Thanks very much. Very interesting and very similar to the Cross Tourismo concept in look but plainly a sportier variant
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Dandock's original post works for me.....here it is again

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23701/audi ... -auto-show
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Audi with a stunning design and there is me thinking the R8 was a one off.

Sadly all the sharp frontal edges will be muted into a TT lookalike if it ever gets into production not that there is anything wrong with a TT.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

All the pics in that piece are of the PB18 concept, yet it talks of the GT, so as usual, some disjoint.
The PB18 makes the original Ford GT40 look like a London Taxi, so probably best to avoid if you're average height or more !
Still, whatever it ends up being, it would be hard to make it uglier than the mission-e/taycan, so bonus!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:15 pm
VanB wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 pm

🤔

No Access

The web page you were trying to visit is not accessible in your country.

No idea what that's all about
Beats me! I can access on my iPad but not on my iMac! Curiouser and curiouser!

Anyway, take my word for it - its impressive. Makes the Tesla looked old school (if thats allowed!)
It's a concept car, so by definition it should make anything remotely current look old school. The production version (if there ever is one) will be far more conservative - like their new e-tron SUV for example, which you would be hard pressed to tell the difference from a Q7.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 am
VanB wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 pm

No Access

The web page you were trying to visit is not accessible in your country.

No idea what that's all about

Anyway, take my word for it - its impressive. Makes the Tesla looked old school (if thats allowed!)
It's a concept car, so by definition it should make anything remotely current look old school. The production version (if there ever is one) will be far more conservative - like their new e-tron SUV for example, which you would be hard pressed to tell the difference from a Q7.
I did actually include that coda in my original post but, hey! And I think that the R8 is much more an example of what Audi are about in this particular genre.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:20 am

I did actually include that coda in my original post but, hey! And I think that the R8 is much more an example of what Audi are about in this particular genre.
Very true Mike, a concept is just that.

We will have just the same with the Tincan, a stunning concept in the Mission e which is watered down by the time it gets into production to be a 911 lookalike.

Such is the conservative nature of Porsche and the design stiffling that is the compliance regulations.

If we think about the autonomous safety features being developed and fitted into vehicles (radar, infra red scanning, auto braking, avoidance systems etc) then in the future there should be no crashes, the auto detection and avoidance systems should see to that, then as there will be no crashes the very concept cars we see today should then have a better chance of making production.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 am

We will have just the same with the Tincan, a stunning concept in the Mission e which is watered down by the time it gets into production to be a 911 lookalike.

Such is the conservative nature of Porsche and the design stiffling that is the compliance regulations.

If we think about the autonomous safety features being developed and fitted into vehicles (radar, infra red scanning, auto braking, avoidance systems etc) then in the future there should be no crashes, the auto detection and avoidance systems should see to that, then as there will be no crashes the very concept cars we see today should then have a better chance of making production.
Lots of people will still find ways to crash Col! :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 am

What I am trying say, Col, maybe not clearly, is that the Audi concept is very likely to begat something interesting. Albeit the R8 is now an old design it firmly demonstrates where they are inclined to go with that type of car. It’s due in 2022 so a bit of a wait yet.

As for the Taycan; let’s wait and see what is revealed once all the development disguise is removed. We’ll find out next year.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

You did, but you did also compare it directly with a Tesla that will actually be released in production form. We all know that this Audi will never make it into production. But it is still exciting that EV Supercars will be coming in the next 5 years.