Macan 2 S confuserator now in place

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Pivot wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:47 pm Take it right away and be smug.

Newcastle must have a large allocation or little demand. I placed an order 2-3 months ago and I am hoping for delivery in Apr-May, still tbc.
I had a deposit down with Tewkesbury OPC so was contacted by my SE mid-week offering me a February build date for my preferred 1 March delivery. I have, though, declined.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Rigger

Post by Rigger »

“I had a deposit down with Tewkesbury OPC so was contacted by my SE mid-week offering me a February build date for my preferred 1 March delivery. I have, though, declined.”

I was offered a build slot in Feb too...... seemed they were trying hard to fill the allocation but I gather it is full now. I wasn’t even looking to purchase, it was just that I was offered the chance to talk numbers when I was in the OPC to buy something else. Unfortunately I couldn’t get my head around the 18k hit my GTS has taken since Mar 17 and this with only 6500 miles on it.

Am now taking a more considered approach and thinking about selling both the 997 and the Macan to fund a move into a 992 C2S........
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Unfortunately I am completely computer adverse , if you download the DRIVETRIBE app it’s on there ... bacically the new GPF filters stop the noise from the exhaust system.. the only way round it is to fit a aftermarket back section . Sorry I cannot add the link.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Mike and his Macan wrote:Unfortunately I am completely computer adverse , if you download the DRIVETRIBE app it’s on there ... bacically the new GPF filters stop the noise from the exhaust system.. the only way round it is to fit a aftermarket back section . Sorry I cannot add the link.
Thanks Mike

In that case we need GPF deletion option!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Pivot wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:47 pm Newcastle must have a large allocation or little demand. I placed an order 2-3 months ago and I am hoping for delivery in Apr-May, still tbc.
The guy at OPC Portsmouth contacted me a couple of days ago to tell me that he has got two build slots available for a Macan S in March - I had to disappoint him and tell him I had gone for something else in the meantime,
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!