J. D. Power 2019 Dependability Study

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

J.D. Power polled nearly 33,000 U.S. owners of 2016 model-year vehicles about their three-year ownership experience.

Capture.PNG

Overall, the Porsche 911 is the highest-ranked model in the entire study.

Full article: https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/jd ... -JIxIo991E
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Capture 1.PNG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

LandRover! Certainly makes me query the 'Brexit' links behind their current woes.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
pmg

Post by pmg »

A more detailed summary of the results showed the best i.e Lexus and Porsche about one fault per car on average over the three years since production in 2016. Allowing for the number of Macans with transfer box issues the rest must be doing very well and a good sign assuming replacement box design to stop water ingression meaning the transfer box issue should go away.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It's what I want from a car ....... reliability and no hassle. :D :D :D

I haven't had any transfer box issues :roll: :roll: :roll: although it does worry me a bit and puts me off buying another Macan.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Have been waiting for my first ever Porsche (the facelifted S) for over a year now (my local OPC has held my £3K deposit since early Feb. 2018). Delivery date has bee pushed further and further back: probably May now.

Worried about price increase after Brexit. Have been a member of the Macan Forums for over a year now too - and worried, having read about transfer box failures (why doesn't Porsche get that right ? Is it that difficult after being in the business of car manufacture for 70 years?) and other issues from members, including the guy who received his brand-new Macan GTS last year, with the engine full of metal filings !

Just hope I will be one of the lucky ones ! My current car (Mazda diesel CX-5) developed a problem with ball-bearing deteriorating in the auto-transmission, when the car was 5 years old (so out of warranty): this cost me £3,120 plus 4 weeks' car hire. A couple of months later, the front near-side wheel bearings failed too ! I think I deserve some good luck this year (?)
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

RAA wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:39 am Have been waiting for my first ever Porsche (the facelifted S) for over a year now (my local OPC has held my £3K deposit since early Feb. 2018). Delivery date has bee pushed further and further back: probably May now.

Worried about price increase after Brexit. Have been a member of the Macan Forums for over a year now too - and worried, having read about transfer box failures (why doesn't Porsche get that right ? Is it that difficult after being in the business of car manufacture for 70 years?) and other issues from members, including the guy who received his brand-new Macan GTS last year, with the engine full of metal filings !

Just hope I will be one of the lucky ones ! My current car (Mazda diesel CX-5) developed a problem with ball-bearing deteriorating in the auto-transmission, when the car was 5 years old (so out of warranty): this cost me £3,120 plus 4 weeks' car hire. A couple of months later, the front near-side wheel bearings failed too ! I think I deserve some good luck this year (?)
The problem with the internet is that you hear about all the unfortunate news that simply doesn't happen to the average owner. Porsche has had far more serious issues than this transfer box in the past (not on the Macan), but you probably never heard about them. For example try Googling Porsche IMS failure or Porsche D-chunk failure. These took literally years to fix and affected a significant number of cars, but not enough for the average 911 owner to ever have to worry about.
VanB

Post by VanB »

RAA wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:39 am Have been waiting for my first ever Porsche (the facelifted S) for over a year now (my local OPC has held my £3K deposit since early Feb. 2018). Delivery date has bee pushed further and further back: probably May now.

All marques have issues - some big and some not so big. In reality, Porsche cars are more reliable than most but not infallible. The transfer box issue on the gen 1 Macan is almost certainly rectified on the gen 2 and I wouldn't worry about it. People with problem cars are always more vocal than those with well-behaved cars so you will always have a disproportionately high number of people grumbling about issues rather than saying no issue and all good.

From what I read any potentially Brexit-induced price increase should be limited to cars ordered after mid-Jan 2019 but not sure how true that is.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm
Overall, the Porsche 911 is the highest-ranked model in the entire study.
Music to my ears! 🎵

My Carrera T had a minor fault with a thermostat that was swiftly sorted by Swindon. Hopefully that’s my lot! ;)

To be fair, minor issues, if sorted efficiently, and accompanied by a nice Porsche loaner, I’m not at all bothered. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Compact Premium SUV: #1. BMW X3
Positive mention of Macan and Infinity 50
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4