New Cayenne coupe

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 am Not sure if it’s niche or not. Looking carefully at the roofline it appears to have been very cleverly disguised to maintain headroom and interior space whilst suggesting the sleek coupe lines.

Neither is it as immense a beast as the X6. Whilst there aren’t too many X6 customers to woo I think there will be a whole gang of regular or potential Cayenne people - as we are witnessing here - that are more than a little impressed.

It certainly is a looker! And I wonder if there’ll be a Macan version.?
We shall see, Mike! ;)

I'll have a friendly bet that the Cayenne Coupe sells in very modest numbers compared to the 'normal' Cayenne!

And I'd say that the Macan is already a semi-coupe shape anyway, having a more sloping rear end than other traditional SUVs. :)

rp_-_cayenne_coupe-2.jpg

2019-Porsche-Macan-0-Hero.jpg

2019-Porsche-Cayenne-E-Hybrid-3.jpg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 am
Dandock wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 am Not sure if it’s niche or not. Looking carefully at the roofline it appears to have been very cleverly disguised to maintain headroom and interior space whilst suggesting the sleek coupe lines.

Neither is it as immense a beast as the X6. Whilst there aren’t too many X6 customers to woo I think there will be a whole gang of regular or potential Cayenne people - as we are witnessing here - that are more than a little impressed.

It certainly is a looker! And I wonder if there’ll be a Macan version.?
We shall see, Mike! ;)

I'll have a friendly bet that the Cayenne Coupe sells in very modest numbers compared to the 'normal' Cayenne!

And I'd say that the Macan is already a semi-coupe shape anyway, having a more sloping rear end than other traditional SUVs. :)
You’re correct, of course, about the Macan, and that’s what always appealed to me.

And yes, we’ll have wait and see which Cayenne sells best, but I’m sure that, whilst sacrificing some load space, style may win.

But perhaps not at £125K :o
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

13 mpg for the turbo and 19 for the 3.0 engine. Not sure how many diesel X6 customers will be dashing into the Porsche showrooms.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MikeM wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm Just cannot see the point of a large SUV in a coupe format, surely you buy a big car for the space and then to lose most of the rear headroom. As with X6 or Velar, maybe unless just to take small children and handbag dogs out on the school run and block the road in the process, why would you? 😖😉
Have to admit it does look a lot better than X6 or Velar offerings and even the regular Cayenne. The base model with a suitable amount of options is on par with Macan Turbo cost, you get the latest interior cabin layout, some variations to current and it’s available soon 🤔.
So what’s against it? No PDK, limited and horrendous colour options, not enough flexibility to add e.g painted skirts and it’s still BIG‼️🤨‼️ Still gonna take a look at it though but not sure our two retrievers could fit into handbags anymore
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

Is not this a car whose prime market is going to be in the USA. Cayennes now petrol struggle with EU emission limits

If from another thread in this forum, Porsche is limiting builds of Macan S to the UK until November when Taycan sales will give them more "emission room", then they are not going to have much EU sales capacity for this. Of course we remain uncertain as to what precise date UK sales will fall outside EU sales.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Seems a totally pointless addition and so little different in reality from a Macan or ordinary Cayenne.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I would much prefer to buy Coupe SUV than a Wagon, as nowadays I drive alone or with my wife. Macan is a mutant SUV/Coupe.

Porsche classical config is Coupe. I am surprised that Porsche is following rather than leading Coupe SUV segment.

When X5 came out, media joked about it, while BMW created new segment and made it spectacular success, to be followed by others. Then X6 came out... it is niche, but still successful.

If car buyers were looking for sensible cars only, we would all be driving Station Wagons and/or Ute pickups [emoji38]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
PSEE

Post by PSEE »

Why the Macanification of the Cayenne?

Talk about copycat styling!

So, let's copy the Macan styling and get those Cayenne sales figures increased...

Or, is this an attempt to preempt an anticipated drop in Macan sales when it goes all electric?
That is, offer a Macan look alike with an ICE (with the Cayenne coupe) to offset those losses.

:o