Macan goes swimming!!!

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:51 pm
Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:18 pm Okay fair enough. I was actually being a bit tongue in cheek with the prick insinuation, but I realise it did come across more aggressively. So I do apologise for that.

Back to middle lane hogs, I think in reality most people just don't like the erratic pace of the left hand lane and it's not so often that you get people actually hogging the middle lane below the speed limit. In which case are they really hogging anyone else?

What I do see a lot of though are ultra-slow overtakers, where they pull out to pass a truck and then proceed to overtake at 1mph or less differential. That is really irritating!

No worries. I do realise these are emotive topics :D

Have you also noticed, that after the glacial pace overtake, once clear of the other vehicle ‘they’ often indicate left and nail the throttle up to highly illegal speeds?

So they overtake for ages at 0.5mph speed differential, then somehow manage to leave the resultant line of cars standing!

I suspect these folk derive some sort of satisfaction for this sort of thing? Otherwise, I have no insight as to why they might do this :roll:
LOL. My other favourites are:-

1. Those who start to speed up to match your speed when you are overtaking them.

2. Those who overtake you and then immediately pull right back in front and then slow down so you end up having to overtake them. Maybe they just wanted to admire my car?

3. You are in the outside lane of a busy motorway travelling at around 70 mph in a line of traffic stretching out as far as the eye can see. There is no progress to be made, so you sit back in cruise mode and leave a sensible gap to the car in front. But the guy behind sits right on your bumper for a mile or so and then in frustration dives down the middle lane only to pull back out into the little gap you left in front. Then he rinses and repeats until he eventually gets boxed in during the middle lane excursion and loses 10 places in one go as everyone closes the gap on him.

happy days

Post by happy days »

Peteski wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 pm
Red5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:51 pm
Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:18 pm Okay fair enough. I was actually being a bit tongue in cheek with the prick insinuation, but I realise it did come across more aggressively. So I do apologise for that.

Back to middle lane hogs, I think in reality most people just don't like the erratic pace of the left hand lane and it's not so often that you get people actually hogging the middle lane below the speed limit. In which case are they really hogging anyone else?

What I do see a lot of though are ultra-slow overtakers, where they pull out to pass a truck and then proceed to overtake at 1mph or less differential. That is really irritating!

No worries. I do realise these are emotive topics :D

Have you also noticed, that after the glacial pace overtake, once clear of the other vehicle ‘they’ often indicate left and nail the throttle up to highly illegal speeds?

So they overtake for ages at 0.5mph speed differential, then somehow manage to leave the resultant line of cars standing!

I suspect these folk derive some sort of satisfaction for this sort of thing? Otherwise, I have no insight as to why they might do this :roll:
LOL. My other favourites are:-

1. Those who start to speed up to match your speed when you are overtaking them.

2. Those who overtake you and then immediately pull right back in front and then slow down so you end up having to overtake them. Maybe they just wanted to admire my car?

3. You are in the outside lane of a busy motorway travelling at around 70 mph in a line of traffic stretching out as far as the eye can see. There is no progress to be made, so you sit back in cruise mode and leave a sensible gap to the car in front. But the guy behind sits right on your bumper for a mile or so and then in frustration dives down the middle lane only to pull back out into the little gap you left in front. Then he rinses and repeats until he eventually gets boxed in during the middle lane excursion and loses 10 places in one go as everyone closes the gap on him.
You obviously drive in Ireland a lot, then...
Macan S D
718 S