Brief review of my 2017 turbo

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Am89

Post by Am89 »

So I’ve owned my turbo since December 2019, it took me around 8 months to find my perfect spec which included 21” turbo wheels, PSE, sport chrono, air suspension and extended leather among other options.

Engine - I was worried the car may feel underpowered coming from 500+ bhp saloons and the Macan weighing circa 2 tonnes. Power wise I feel 400 bhp / 400 lbs / ft is the perfect combo for road driving. There’s lots of low down torque, nice amounts of engine noise - almost NA in sound at times when chasing the red line. Also the upshift “fart” is nice, even when part throttle. MPG is fair considering the weight and performance. The 3.6tt engine is lovely to live with on a daily basis and has a real Jekyll and Hyde character.

Suspension / handling - The air suspension is a great option, adds lots of comfort and really helps smoothen out the bumps especially on 21” wheels. I drive in full soft mode on a daily basis and sport engine and dampers when pushing on. I’ve found the ride can feel a bit bouncy when attacking bumpy roads but putting the PASM into sport really helps control the body. The option to lower / raise the car with the push of a button is nice as well. The Macan handles like a large hatchback, good steering feel and feedback, best car I’ve driven with the best blend of comfort and performance.

Interior - Although very simple is design, everything feels solid and well thought out. The leather is of a high quality as are the controls and I feel it will age very well. Some people complain about the amount of buttons on the centre console but I find them easy to navigate. The Alcantara roof lining and sun visors is lovely as is the carbon trim and illuminated carbon door sills. My car has the black dials and chrono clock, I’d prefer white or red as they would be easier to see and possibly look better.

Overall I feel the car is the perfect daily performance vehicle and looks high end prestige without being flashy. There isn’t anything I’d change on the car and I feel Porsche hit the nail on the head with this one.

Here’s a pic from today :D

C9A1B995-3C02-4BC5-9605-F1E6E32CC4BC.jpeg

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

JC reviewed the new one today in ST.

1C26DD0A-B428-4BF5-BCFD-67483D04501D.png

Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

I agree Porsche's billions of euros spent on design was not wasted.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Tom. Thanks......I think! here's the full article:
https://www.driving.co.uk/news/porsche- ... new-house/
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Clarkson's review is a bit silly, but i don't think that will surprise anyone!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab