MOT's to be suspended for [up to] 6 months

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Just to add our local Kwik fit is actually very good. I take our kid's cars there for the past few years (both BMW Mini's 10 years old) and they have never failed on a thing. That said I do look after their cars for them doing all their maintenance at home. This is the first MOT I have had on my car for maybe 20 years as I normally buy new and let go at 3 years.

The MOT docs were left in the car and, lucky for me, no faults or advisories. At £25 quite a bargain too!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

Guy

Post by Guy »

Just seen the following update on the Gov website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... =immediate

Extract:

If you take your vehicle for its MOT and it fails

Your MOT extension will no longer apply if you take your vehicle for its MOT and it fails.

Your vehicle will need to be fixed and pass its MOT before you can use it again.

Example

Your vehicle’s MOT was originally due to expire on 3 May 2020, but has been extended to 3 November 2020.

You take your vehicle for its MOT in August and it fails. You must stop using the vehicle until it’s fixed and passes another MOT test.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Logic.....it is no longer roadworthy (but why would you get it tested “early” relative to the extended date in the first place?)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

The rules are changing - from 1 Aug 20 MOTs will no longer be extended: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ugust-2020
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Mandatory MOT tests for car, motorcycle and van owners in England, Scotland and Wales are being reintroduced from 1 August 2020.
Vehicle owners with an MOT due date before 1 August will still receive a 6-month exemption Roads Minister Baroness Vere has announced today (Monday 29th June). Crucially, people are able to voluntarily get their MOT sooner should they wish, even if they are exempt from the legal requirement.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver