Semerka's Macan tractor is here!

Post pictures of your Macan here!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Semerka wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:25 pm Enjoy Bavaria, it's a lovely part of the world and not too far from the Czech Republic (depends which part of Bavaria you will be visiting), you can hop over the border to visit Southern Bohemia. ;)
Thanks Semerka. We lived down there (near Garmisch) for a couple of years hence are visiting old friends. It's a relatively brief visit as my wife cannot get more time off work, but we are stopping at Eschweiler (near Aachen) and then Baden-Baden on the way down, and then Cochem (on the Moselle) for a couple of nights on the way back.

We've never been to the Czech Republic (it'll probably have to wait until we are both retired!), but used to live in Romania/Bucharest - our route there/back took us through Hungary and Austria but if we'd had more time it would've been fun to deviate further North.

Anyway, I hope your car gets fixed and returned with the minimum of fuss :D

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Guy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:00 pm
Semerka wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:25 pm Enjoy Bavaria, it's a lovely part of the world and not too far from the Czech Republic (depends which part of Bavaria you will be visiting), you can hop over the border to visit Southern Bohemia. ;)
Thanks Semerka. We lived down there (near Garmisch) for a couple of years hence are visiting old friends. It's a relatively brief visit as my wife cannot get more time off work, but we are stopping at Eschweiler (near Aachen) and then Baden-Baden on the way down, and then Cochem (on the Moselle) for a couple of nights on the way back.

We've never been to the Czech Republic (it'll probably have to wait until we are both retired!), but used to live in Romania/Bucharest - our route there/back took us through Hungary and Austria but if we'd had more time it would've been fun to deviate further North.

Anyway, I hope your car gets fixed and returned with the minimum of fuss :D
I see, so you know it well. Have a good time and Porsche Assistance-FREE travels! :)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

VanB wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:40 pm I'm surprised that the supplying OPC didn't pick up the issue before selling the car to you. Just goes to show that the 111 point check is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

Don't let the experience put you off the 911 - it really is a fabulous car and good luck with getting a permanent fix.
Thank you! 8-)

Hmm, they would have to drive it properly and regularly for it to demonstrate itself. Not just pottering around once in a while (perhaps the previous owners knew about it, but since he did not use the car regularly it did not bother him). And unless you drop the engine out and get your hands dirty you would not know what to look for, it did not throw any error codes on the dash. She was smoking only after the engine oil got hot and she stood still for a few hours, so a slow drip somewhere. But then an almighty puff on the autobahn.

We are guessing either turbo seals or some other seals. :lol:
Our stable:
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Sorry about the breakdown Semerka. Yes, sounds like turbo seals, especially if there were no accompanying major mechanical noises. If that's the case I guess they'll whack in a couple of fresh turbos and she'll be like new.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

If the turbo seals have gone I would have thought that they would have consumed themselves before now but if this is what it is then a simple fix as Nick says.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

The OPC at Aachen last said on Friday that they were still looking for the cause of the problem. I suppose they need to make sure they don’t change the turbo(s) unnecessarily due to cost. [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
happy days

Post by happy days »

Oh, sorry to hear of this. Hopefully you will get sorted very soon. It will all be a distant memory very soon.
Macan S D
718 S
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thank you!

The good news is that Ruby is ready to be picked up in Aachen, after 3 weeks.
I know that at least one of the turbos has been replaced, we'll find out more tomorrow using Google Translate. 8-)

So Red5 and I are training it to Aachen tomorrow and driving Ruby back home.
(or perhaps we should drive there in a back-up car, just in case she pops again :lol: )
Our stable:
happy days

Post by happy days »

Woo Hoo!
Macan S D
718 S
Red5

Post by Red5 »

happy days wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:00 pmWoo Hoo!
Indeedy :D

We have everything planned travel wise, so fingers crossed it’ll be a nice day out 8-)

It’ll be like collection day all over again, but in German :P